Alex Rios

fathom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
I agree. Hopefully it doesn't f*** with Rios's psyche and put him in a slump. Mental toughness doesn't appear to be his strong suit.

1.) Who cares? He f***ed with fans' psyches enough himself that I don't care if his psyche gets f***ed with. Kudos to Robin for single-handedly ending his chance at a 12-game hit streak.

I can't believe a guy has a decent April on here and all the Rios love.

Let's see his numbers/boneheaded plays as the season progresses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
1.) Who cares? He f***ed with fans' psyches enough himself that I don't care if his psyche gets f***ed with. Kudos to Robin for single-handedly ending his chance at a 12-game hit streak.

What the heck is wrong with you?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Ironic because he used to praise Ozzie for handling the players and their psyche so well. Now that Ozzie's gone, I guess that doesn't matter.

Greg has had it out for Rios since the day we acquired him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
What the heck is wrong with you?

That was a little harsh but he had an 11-gamer going and got pinch hit for.

The PH was a gutsy move as that might piss some players off.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
Greg has had it out for Rios since the day we acquired him.

I don't like Rios either, but he's been a huge catalyst for this offense and basically won us at least two games so far this year (Texas/Sunday in Seattle). Greg's been making some very definitive statements the last few days about Rios and the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
I don't like Rios either, but he's been a huge catalyst for this offense and basically won us at least two games so far this year (Texas/Sunday in Seattle). Greg's been making some very definitive statements the last few days about Rios and the Sox.

He's one of those guys that makes everything look so fluid and easy that it appears as though he is not trying. He has tons of talent and that makes him a lightning rod for criticism when he doesn't play well. I understand that.

But it is in everyone's best interests for him to play well..either because it improves our chances of winning games or because it improves our chances of shipping him out.

I see him as a guy who can really be a key to both our offense and defense, and so I choose to cheer him on...but I can understand those who don't trust him and just want him gone.

Having him fail, however, won't help anyone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)

Well I root for the White Sox to win ballgames, and they need Alex Rios to produce for that to happen, so that's why I'm hoping it doesn't bother him. I did agree with Robin's decision.

Obviously you'd rather watch Rios suck hard then see the White Sox win baseball games with him, but that's your own business & agenda.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
He's one of those guys that makes everything look so fluid and easy that it appears as though he is not trying. He has tons of talent and that makes him a lightning rod for criticism when he doesn't play well. I understand that.

But it is in everyone's best interests for him to play well..either because it improves our chances of winning games or because it improves our chances of shipping him out.

I see him as a guy who can really be a key to both our offense and defense, and so I choose to cheer him on...but I can understand those who don't trust him and just want him gone.

Having him fail, however, won't help anyone.

Thing is, even if he plays well and we don't win and he doesn't get traded, it's a heck of a lot better to have someone the next few years who's just not an absolute non-factor on the roster. I see a lot of people asking for him to get traded ASAP, and as much as that could help the franchise, it's just not likely to happen with the amount of money he has left on his deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Thing is, even if he plays well and we don't win and he doesn't get traded, it's a heck of a lot better to have someone the next few years who's just not an absolute non-factor on the roster. I see a lot of people asking for him to get traded ASAP, and as much as that could help the franchise, it's just not likely to happen with the amount of money he has left on his deal.

I agree on all counts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)

ASAP means "As soon as possible". Which means...as soon as possible. It's not currently possible and it won't be for a while...but hopefully it might be at some point.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
ASAP means "As soon as possible". Which means...as soon as possible. It's not currently possible and it won't be for a while...but hopefully it might be at some point.

I can't see it happening during the year. I saw someone mentioned the Dodgers, but they're more likely to wait until the offseason to either extend Ethier or go after Hamilton, Hamels, etc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
Well I root for the White Sox to win ballgames, and they need Alex Rios to produce for that to happen, so that's why I'm hoping it doesn't bother him. I did agree with Robin's decision.

Obviously you'd rather watch Rios suck hard then see the White Sox win baseball games with him, but that's your own business & agenda.

Jordan for Life would disagree with you.

He said I freaked out after the loss and loss to Baltimore. So I want the team to win. And I've praised Rios in threads.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
I can't see it happening during the year. I saw someone mentioned the Dodgers, but they're more likely to wait until the offseason to either extend Ethier or go after Hamilton, Hamels, etc.

We might be in the game of hoping someone is desperate for an OF at the deadline, but people have been desperate for OF's with money to spend before.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Jordan for Life would disagree with you.

He said I freaked out after the loss and loss to Baltimore. So I want the team to win. And I've praised Rios in threads.

Yet somehow all of this contradicts "kudos to Robin for singlehandedly preventing Rios from getting a 12 game hit streak"

Weird

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
We haven't seen him stay interested for more than half a season since he came here. To me, as talented as he is, he'd always be a question mark.

It could be that he isn't talented. Maybe one of those over hyped players.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Rios is incredibly predictable if you pay attention, he's been an every other year guy for most of his career. It just so happens he's coming off of a down year and he's producing, again. This is the year to unload him if you can because he will SUCK next season.

That's probably not a secret to even the most naive GMs.