http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?s...chraaa_gwiaaa_1

Birmingham- Zaleski

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?s...msbaax_biraax_1

Winston-Salem- Arroyo

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?s...potafa_wswafa_1

Kannapolis- Webb

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?s...kanafx_augafx_1

Other--

Dylan Bundy now has 13 hitless professional innings. 1 walk. 21 K's.

Mitchell with yet another walk.

Saladino finally back up over .200 (let's hope Morel and Beckham can follow soon).

Leesman pitching quite well tonight.

Brian Omogrosso, not so much. Might not be long with the White Sox at this rate. Seems the injuries really set him back and he's never gotten his stuff or his control back to 100% like he was 2-3 years ago.

Edited by caulfield12

Apparently Damaso Espino is a nutjob. He has the area around his locker taped off and no one is allowed inside of the area. Plus, after opening night, he forbade his wife from working as a waitress at the stadium because too many men were gawking at her.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
Mitchell with yet another walk.

Saladino finally back up over .200 (let's hope Morel and Beckham can follow soon).

Leesman pitching quite well tonight.

Brian Omogrosso, not so much. Might not be long with the White Sox at this rate. Seems the injuries really set him back and he's never gotten his stuff or his control back to 100% like he was 2-3 years ago.

Omogrosso's had injury issues since 2008. To his credit, he told me last year that if there's a freak injury, it'll happen to him.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Starting to get a little bit excited about Mitchell. If that strikeout percentage can hover close to 20% I'd be very happy.

It already is. Using K/AB isn't optimal considering it penalizes taking walks (or getting hit I guess). Mitchell has struck out 20 times in 84 plate appearances, or a 24% rate.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
It already is. Using K/AB isn't optimal considering it penalizes taking walks (or getting hit I guess). Mitchell has struck out 20 times in 84 plate appearances, or a 24% rate.

Yep. I've always used PA for K%. I'd like it to drop a bit more than 24% though. It also needs to be sustained obviously. I'm certainly encouraged so far.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 24, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
Apparently Damaso Espino is a nutjob. He has the area around his locker taped off and no one is allowed inside of the area. Plus, after opening night, he forbade his wife from working as a waitress at the stadium because too many men were gawking at her.

I had never heard of the guy. After looking him up, it seems like there is a good reason why.

As soon as we DON'T have to worry about Brady Shoemaker being left unprotected, that might be a sign of progress for our system.

Remember all the hub-bub about Doyle and Kuhn?

I still wonder how bad the Marlins' system must have been that Ozzie Martinez and J'han Marinez where middle of the Top 10 picks at one point.

Doubt he'll even come close to Maurice Gartrell/David Cook level, let alone Aaron Cunningham or even Ryan Sweeney.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)
As soon as we DON'T have to worry about Brady Shoemaker being left unprotected, that might be a sign of progress for our system.

I still wonder how bad the Marlins' system must have been that Ozzie Martinez and J'han Marinez where middle of the Top 10 picks at one point.

Doubt he'll even come close to Maurice Gartrell/David Cook level, let alone Aaron Cunningham or even Ryan Sweeney.

Ryan Sweeney is producing in the majors and Cunningham was a pretty decent prospect so don't know how they belong with Doyle/Kuhn and Gartrell/Cook discussion

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)

Stefan, but OK.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Stefan, but OK.

Position: OF Full Name: Maurice Stefan Gartrell

Born: January 14, 1984 San Francisco,California

Height: 6-2 Weight: 220

High School: Sacred Heart Prep (San Francisco,CA)

College: University of San Francisco

Drafted - Selected by Sox in 31st Round (945th overall) of 2006 draft

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
Position: OF Full Name: Maurice Stefan Gartrell

Born: January 14, 1984 San Francisco,California

Height: 6-2 Weight: 220

High School: Sacred Heart Prep (San Francisco,CA)

College: University of San Francisco

Drafted - Selected by Sox in 31st Round (945th overall) of 2006 draft

Except he is never called that.