White Sox @ Oakland 4.25 game thread 2:35pm

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
Horrible managing by Ventura. Absolutely horrible.

If Morel executes there, which a major league player should be expected to...then we're all saying how smart it was to trust the game to our great bullpen and nobody's complaining so much.

Pineda out for the full season and longer.

Tore his freaking labrum on the last pitch of his final rehab outing. Worst possible injury for a pitcher these days.

Gavin Floyd to NY? Of course, they also have Pettite in reserve, but Nova's their best starter now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
You guys are nuts about jumping on Ventura so quickly. Let him manage

Are you joking? There would have been 5 threads on the site bashing Ozzie if he allowed Gavin to start the 8th last night like Ventura did, as well as Ventura's decision to let Beckham bat in the 9th. In my opinion, everyone on this site has been very lenient with Ventura and any growing pains he might have as a manager.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
Are you joking? There would have been 5 threads on the site bashing Ozzie if he allowed Gavin to start the 8th last night like Ventura did, as well as Ventura's decision to let Beckham bat in the 9th. In my opinion, everyone on this site has been very lenient with Ventura and any growing pains he might have as a manager.

He's been a major league manager for all of 3 weeks. He's got to learn through experience. Ozzie never learned.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
He's been a major league manager for all of 3 weeks. He's got to learn through experience. Ozzie never learned.

Yes, I agree completely. Despite what Baron's said, I don't think anyone has said he should be fired :)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
If Morel executes there, which a major league player should be expected to...then we're all saying how smart it was to trust the game to our great bullpen and nobody's complaining so much.

Pineda out for the full season and longer.

Tore his freaking labrum on the last pitch of his final rehab outing. Worst possible injury for a pitcher these days.

Gavin Floyd to NY? Of course, they also have Pettite in reserve, but Nova's their best starter now.

Umm, CC Sabathia says hi

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)

It's rare for a pitcher to tear his labrum on a single pitch. With throwers, it's always a wear and tear thing and I guarantee it was torn the whole time. It is difficult to diagnose unless you're looking for it or if it is damaged to the extent of an impact injury. The minute he went out I could have told you what happened, he had all the symptoms.

Here's what I don't understand, people who rip Robin's hiring said he had zero experience so he basically wouldn't know what he is doing. Yet here we are, I'd imagine with 0 MLB experienced combined, and we have all the answers. If he plays by the book, and it doesn't work, he'll get criticized. If he plays by the gut and it doesn't work, he'll get criticized, many times by the same people. Its part of the job.

All last offseason many wanted the Sox to totally rebuild. Now the season begins and they want every game, including games 17 and 18 in Oakland managed like its the 7th game of the World Series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Yes, I agree completely. Despite what Baron's said, I don't think anyone has said he should be fired :)

Nope Im just overreacting like alot of other people seem to be. Its rather funny actually.