White Sox @ Oakland 4.25 game thread 2:35pm

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
He's been a major league manager for all of 3 weeks. He's got to learn through experience. Ozzie never learned.

One thing to add is I was thrilled to see that Rios didn't complain about Ventura's choice to let Dunn hit for him last night. Who knows what the reaction to such a move would have been last year, but it's great to see things seem to be good in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
If Morel executes there, which a major league player should be expected to...then we're all saying how smart it was to trust the game to our great bullpen and nobody's complaining so much.

Pineda out for the full season and longer.

Tore his freaking labrum on the last pitch of his final rehab outing. Worst possible injury for a pitcher these days.

Gavin Floyd to NY? Of course, they also have Pettite in reserve, but Nova's their best starter now.

Does this give Freddy some job security? He looks cooked.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
One thing to add is I was thrilled to see that Rios didn't complain about Ventura's choice to let Dunn hit for him last night. Who knows what the reaction to such a move would have been last year, but it's great to see things seem to be good in the clubhouse.

The biggest issue with Rios has been that he's passive and doesn't care, so I don't see why you'd be thrilled that he didn't care he was pulled.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
He's been a major league manager for all of 3 weeks. He's got to learn through experience. Ozzie never learned.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
Greg wants Ventura fired, maybe.

So the Yankees have CC, Nova, Hughes, Kuroda, Garcia and maybe Pettite. No Pineda until mid 2013 probably.

1.) OMG, just not true.

2.) Where have I blasted Ventura? I like him. I think all managers can get second guessed when the team loses any close game which I said over and over last year too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
The biggest issue with Rios has been that he's passive and doesn't care, so I don't see why you'd be thrilled that he didn't care he was pulled.

Not didn't care, but seemed to be supportive or at least not visibly upset or demonstrative about the decision.

In the second half of 2011, if that happened with Ozzie and the way the team was going, that would have tipped the clubhouse into the abyss probably.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Why?

Im just not a fan of big parks. It gives the outfield alot of time to collect themselves. A couple of hits here I thought were going to be gone and then eventually they were caught.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
Yeah, he's been horrible so far this year. Hughes is only throwing 89-91 MPH. Kuroda's been another version of Irabu or Kei Igawa.

NY and Bos with pitching woes. Give Sea some credit, they pulled the trigger at the perfect time. They look like they will suck for a long time, but they would have sucked even more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)

Yeah, I was worried about what he would say, but his answer was about as good as it gets; team first.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
1.) OMG, just not true.

2.) Where have I blasted Ventura? I like him. I think all managers can get second guessed when the team loses any close game which I said over and over last year too.

It's absolutely true. Come on.