White Sox @ Oakland 4.25 game thread 2:35pm

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
Didn't they just score like 10 against the Yankees also? Yes, it was against Garcia I know, but they still have guys swinging the bat pretty well.

And the Yankees, of course, are the #8 pitching staff in the AL, whereas the A's and White Sox are 2 and 3. This is a substantial differnence in performance.

You would be particularly unhappy with the #8 ERA, you'd think it was terrible and be calling for people to be benched/sent down. I know this, of course, because the White Sox have the #8 offense in the AL right now (despite facing some good pitching), and you're frustrated that people haven't been benched/sent down.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Jeter got traded to the Red Sox? Holy cow!! :)

Holy crap major brain fart(When they were talking about the series for some reason I thought Jeter).

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
The A's really don't either, though, do they?

They've made less mistakes than the Sox and when you're gonna play a game tied or trailing in the late innings on the road you are going to lose a lot of those games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
Didn't they just score like 10 against the Yankees also? Yes, it was against Garcia I know, but they still have guys swinging the bat pretty well.

Ellsbury is out, Crawford is out, Youkilis is hurt/struggling.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
Our old friend Aviles is killing it right now

Well, that settles that, clearly everything that is happening in baseball right now is a trend that will continue the whole season. That guy's an unstoppable hitting talent machine.