White Sox @ Oakland 4.25 game thread 2:35pm

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Yeah, that was a perfect relay throw, tough play. Sending him was a good call, Oakland just executed to perfection

Well one run would of been across the plate if our bench players didn't imitate 8 year old pinto baseball.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Thank you.

f***.

Was he out?

He was clearly out. Either Gordon got slower or he wasn't that fast to begin with. He should have scored on that ball, Rios smoked it down in the A's bullpen and it was down there for at least 3-4 seconds. Pennington made a nice relay throw and Sogard made a perfect throw home.

Why can't anything go our way?

The true measure of Robin's managing chops will be how we recover from this game, win or lose. Can't keep playing like this even if our pitching can keep us in this thing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
That freaking throw one-hopped Sogard, too.

Everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.

Yeah, when I saw that throw, I thought Gordon was definitely scoring. I expected to see him standing up when they made the throw to home plate. I guess not.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
Good thing Rios squeezed it. If Oakland ever gets a baserunner the A's will mercifully win.

Prolly be a walkoff tho.

Do you even know the definition of a walkoff win? A win by the home team in extra innings "Must" be a walkoff win, by definition. Do you know this little about this sport?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
The whitesox better be having base running and bunting lessons all weekend long, I can't watch a game like this again it pisses me off too much.

We had all spring training to teach them this. Some of these guys have been our property in the minors for enough instruction time. The whitesox however treat instruction in the minors for position players like its a foreign concept.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
Yeah, when I saw that throw, I thought Gordon was definitely scoring. I expected to see him standing up when they made the throw to home plate. I guess not.

Jesus, did he trip or something?