• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 scoreless innings for the Sox.

Perfect bunt by Ramirez.

Now, we have to execute.

DeAza has been an XB machine this year. Hitting them all over the outfield and out of the field of play.

Without Humber and Alejandro, where would KW be? Maybe out of a job.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
You mean the Alex Gordon who didn't break out until his fifth season?

That's different, the Royals were rebuilding. They'd do things like trade away players to clear salary and bring in AA level players in exchange. That kind of stuff wouldn't be tolerated here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
That's different, the Royals were rebuilding. They'd do things like trade away players to clear salary and bring in AA level players in exchange. That kind of stuff wouldn't be tolerated here.

Haven't you, for the last week or so, been adamant that this season is a developmental season and that this team is rebuilding? I don't get it. You can't have both.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
Haven't you, for the last week or so, been adamant that this season is a developmental season and that this team is rebuilding? I don't get it. You can't have both.

(reread and search for sarcasm).

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
I hate bunting there with Alexei.

Guy is already in scoring position and we are giving them an out for a guy(Dunn) who we all know strikes out a ton. Would have let Alexei swing the bat.

Alexei's been almost Morel bad so far this season (not totally unexpected, it is April).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
Alexei's been almost Morel bad so far this season (not totally unexpected, it is April).

If he was anywhere near Morel bad this year I would have been fine with a bunt. Alexei is hitting over .100 better...

If Alex Gordon was picked in the top 3 by the White Sox, I'd be willing to be a LOT more patient with all the money invested into him.

Morel was never a "can't miss prospect" by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobody ever claimed he was a franchise player or that you could build your team around him....there was always a question whether he'd hit for enough power to play regularly at 3rd. Some felt yes, with the OPS numbers coming down in the post-OPS years.

I'm not saying he's as bad as Chris Snopek, but he's closer to that now than Ventura or Crede.

And how long did we give Josh Fields? He actually put up a nearly great 2007 season and he was in the minors the next year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
If Alex Gordon was picked in the top 3 by the White Sox, I'd be willing to be a LOT more patient with all the money invested into him.

Morel was never a "can't miss prospect" by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobody ever claimed he was a franchise player or that you could build your team around him....there was always a question whether he'd hit for enough power to play regularly at 3rd. Some felt yes, with the OPS numbers coming down in the post-OPS years.

I'm not saying he's as bad as Chris Snopek, but he's closer to that now than Ventura or Crede.

And how long did we give Josh Fields? He actually put up a nearly great 2007 season and he was in the minors the next year.

Josh Fields had until June, on a team that was trying to "Win now".

It's nice to have exciting young players who you actually look forward to watching hit.

16 RBI's already on the season for Cespedes.

More than Beckham, Morel, Viciedo and Ramirez combined.

3.38 ERA for Sale now on the season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
It's nice to have exciting young players who you actually look forward to watching hit.

Gimme a break. You'd rather be the A's than the White Sox right now? Be my guest.