White Sox @ Oakland 4.25 game thread 2:35pm

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
Gimme a break. You'd rather be the A's than the White Sox right now? Be my guest.

I'd just like to see us produce one All-Star caliber position player who's enjoyable to watching hitting.

I thought Viciedo was going to be that guy, but we'll just have to wait and see.

And no, I wouldn't want to be the A's simply because the Rangers and Angels have way too many financial advantages right now that it's not even close to a level playing field in that division.

Other than the Tigers, we have no competition from a financial standpoint. The Twins have already started making financial decisions like parting with Cuddyer, Kubel, Young and Nathan because of those two big contracts, and will have to deal Liriano and some of their other players eventually if they keep playing like this.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
I'd just like to see us produce one All-Star caliber position player who's enjoyable to watching hitting.

So would all the teams with the exciting young players you're talking about. Seriously...who is that for the A's? Has no one paid any attention to the incredible line of 1st base failures they've had for the last 5 years?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
WAY TO f***ING HUSTLE RIOS AND FUKUDOME!!! TIE GAME!

If they didn't hesitate/double-clutch, Rios probably is out at home.

But nice to see us force the issue when we held up the runner (AJ) earlier in the game at 3rd...

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
If we get shut out again I cant wait to hear the reactions from some people on here.

Oh well...the great 1993 Sox team was shut-out 4 times in their first 17 games.

Just thinking positive.

Now we can have the development/win-now argument again, lol.

Especially after that play.

Ventura, with Escobar hitting next, felt the best chance there was the bunt. That says something about the confidence he has in those guys coming through with hits.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)

I thought Viciedo was going to be that guy, but we'll just have to wait and see.

And no, I wouldn't want to be the A's simply because the Rangers and Angels have way too many financial advantages right now that it's not even close to a level playing field in that division.

Other than the Tigers, we have no competition from a financial standpoint. The Twins have already started making financial decisions like parting with Cuddyer, Kubel, Young and Nathan because of those two big contracts, and will have to deal Liriano and some of their other players eventually if they keep playing like this.

Dude, the A's suck. You're declaring Cespedes an All Star caliber player because he poked a bloop RBI single to CF?