2012 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Rumor had the Pats willing to trade their #27 & 31 picks to move up in to the 10 range. I'd love if KC made that deal with them at 11.

Really?

I would think it would cost a bit more than that to move up 16 spots in the first round.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Really?

I would think it would cost a bit more than that to move up 16 spots in the first round.

Two first round picks though.

From the Chiefs perspective, i'd much rather take an OL + DT in the 27/31 (Konz/Martin + Worthy/Reyes) spots than DeCastro or Poe/Cox at 11.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Then there's no reason to trade him. As noted, he may hold out, but missing the season is not going to be an option for him, and the franchise tag is still more money in 1 season than he's made his entire career.

Exactly. I don't think most people realize Forte hasn't made $4 million total, bonus and incentives included ,in his 4 seasons with the Bears. His back ups were making many times more money than him. He'll take the $7.7 million eventually. He's been vastly underpaid.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Rumor had the Pats willing to trade their #27 & 31 picks to move up in to the 10 range. I'd love if KC made that deal with them at 11.

That will not be good enough to get top ten.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
Coby Fleener out of Joliet Catholic, though not a priority need, is going to be a beast Tight End, so if the Bears took him I would not complain. Added benefit of co-worker being best buds with him which would mean tickets!

It'd also be neat to see Fleener land in Indy with his QB Luck at the top of the 2nd round, but I'd be surprised to see him past the 1st round.

For once I completely agree with Steve.

Of course, I want him to go to Indy in the second round, but Fleener has a real chance to be a good TE.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Less than 24 hours away from the MOST EXCITING EVENT IN ALL OF SPORTS.

I joke.

Good. Modern day draft = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Thanks ESPN! Back when the draft had more rounds I think it ended much quicker than this. If they did away with the draft Mel Kiper would have to bag groceries.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
If Emery can pull off something the following dream scenario:

-Trade Matt Forte for a 1st

-In the 1st, draft a DE and WR or OT

-In the 2nd, draft a RB

I might consider changing my sexual orientation.

No GM would take that. RBs aren't highly thought like they use to. You see less teams drafting a RB in the 1st round. Forte wasn't a 1st round pick.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
It's weird that my Lions have to wait so long to draft. Hopefully some people slip like DeCastro, Gilmore, Jenkins, Glenn, Konz, and others.

I remember when Millen was their GM and their 1st picks for like 3-4 years straight was a WR.