2012 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Bears way overestimated their offensive upgrades this offseason. Horrible pick, its not like we ever draft s*** in the 1st round anyways but I thought it'd be different with Emery. Pretty let down, f***ing Bears.

Is this a guy they could have moved down 5 slots and still gotten?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
Is this a guy they could have moved down 5 slots and still gotten?

They probably could have cut a deal with the Pats. Albeit, a lot of rumblings that the Packers and a few other late 1st round teams had him targeted. I think the Bears needed an end and if this is who they had graded out the best, then so be it. However, it would have been nice to slide down a few more picks, especially since I assume some other guys were still on the Board the Bears liked too.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I dont mind the player, just would have preferred to have moved down a few picks to get him. I still scratch my head at people clamoring for DeCastro, that makes no sense.

Neither does a guy who almost certainly can't be an every down DE in the Bears scheme.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I dont mind the player, just would have preferred to have moved down a few picks to get him. I still scratch my head at people clamoring for DeCastro, that makes no sense.

Anything on the offensive line makes sense.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
Well, the Bears Facebook page scooped you by 3-4 minutes, according to the timestamp.

Damn...you are on to me and how I figured it out, hahahaha. I was making a post on who I thought the Bears were going to pick and then saw the Bears post saying who they picked.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Not sure what to say about him. By the way, you like how I scooped that pick :)

A little birdie told me something.

Bears facebook? thats where I saw it......def a head scratchier, I remember someone comparing him to clay matthews, if thats true then good pick.

So when Chris Williams' back explodes or some other injury befalls him it doesnt turn into another circus on the offensive line.

Well I guess they believe their bs about the line magically getting better on it's own. Cutler is going to die this year with our line. A team run by an accountant where the coach has more power than the GM tells me another all defensive draft with overdrafts.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
So when Chris Williams' back explodes or some other injury befalls him it doesnt turn into another circus on the offensive line.

The line is better than people think. Plus guard is not a major need. Bears need an LT.