Game Thread 4/27: Sawks @ Sox, 7:10pm, The U

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 01:28 AM)
Seems like maybe this cold weather has gotten to him a bit...all his at bats on this home stand have sucked.

Also hate to see two, first pitch outs against a pitcher with mediocre control.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Why is he throwing a change up to a lefty?

You almost never see that.

Danks has always done that. When he actually has his good change, it can be effective because they never see it...but if he elevates it...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 01:35 AM)
Danks has always done that. When he actually has his good change, it can be effective because they never see it...but if he elevates it...

I'd love to see stats on this, cause I don't recall him throwing a lot of change-ups to lefties at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
I'd love to see stats on this, cause I don't recall him throwing a lot of change-ups to lefties at all.

I know Hawk has talked about it, but I don't know where to get stats on pitches thrown to particular hitters by split.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Danks is throwing the change-up a little bit less than 1% more than last season.

The big thing that sticks out is his FB velocity is down a full 1.9 MPH from last year. Is it the April excuse, or something more serious?

Take a look at his velocity charts. He had one game that was way down this year (maybe even erroneously low), but otherwise he's not far off where he was in other years to start the year. In fact, 2010 has as clear of an "increasing as the season goes on" trend as you'll ever see.