Game Thread 4/27: Sawks @ Sox, 7:10pm, The U

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Web gem by their second baseman.

Like I said, one out of four will be about right this series if we can get the one.

This is a mismatch payroll wise and shows up on the scoreboard.

Why can't this team win at home? But, yeah, Boston is a better team...at least comparing offenses.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Absolutely, Greg is right. But, this seems to be Danks' routine now.

The problem is, this year, Danks has been bad in a lot of innings, not just the 6th (although today will pile on). ERA by inning:

You can't pull your starter in the 2nd. He's just been bad this year. Not much else to say. He'll snap into one of those multi game grooves at some point.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Web gem by their second baseman.

Like I said, one out of four will be about right this series if we can get the one.

This is a mismatch payroll wise and shows up on the scoreboard.

A big chunk of their payroll is on the DL. The Red Sox have starting pitching and bullpen issues. But their offense is just awesome. Even without Ellsbury and Crawford.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
Yeah, Greg's right here...The guy had retired 8 in a row to start the inning and then retired the first guy as well, and had thrown ~80 pitches. There was no reason to even have the pen up there.

Jones was ready

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
The problem is, this year, Danks has been bad in a lot of innings, not just the 6th (although today will pile on). ERA by inning:

You can't pull your starter in the 2nd. He's just been bad this year. Not much else to say. He'll snap into one of those multi game grooves at some point.

Those are some ugly numbers there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
Yeah, Greg's right here...The guy had retired 8 in a row to start the inning and then retired the first guy as well, and had thrown ~80 pitches. There was no reason to even have the pen up there.

It's frustrating. He turns a very good start into an awful one in the blink of an eye.

Danks reminds me of 06 Vazquez. The Sox would be winning by a few, Vazquez would be cruising/dominating through 5, and then he would get demolished in the 6th inning while we would all be screaming to get the pen up.

Except with Danks, it isn't the 6th inning, it is the inning immediately following the Sox taking a lead.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
GMAB, by then it was already a 6-3 game. Big whoop.

Wow...with our offense?

You're insinuating that the game is over at this point because we won't score enough for it to matter? Or you seriously don't have a problem with handing them add-on runs? I don't get this...

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:09 AM)
Not sure how in love I am with Jones (who is prone to walks) coming in there either.

Crain being out really hurts our bullpen depth. Jones has done great so far this year, but there will be some games where he implodes. You know have two long men in your bullpen in Stewart and Axelrod. Ventura should get Santiago an inning tonight to get his confidence back.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
Not sure how in love I am with Jones (who is prone to walks) coming in there either.

Well he's the guy they got up. If they weren't prepared to use him until Danks s*** the field, why the f*** did they get him up in the first place?