Moose Skowron dies

The Ginger Kid

Same.

He's one of those baseball lifers like Minnie Minoso you loved to meet, hang out with, listen to their stories.

He'll be missed by everyone in the Sox and Yankee families.

One of the last truly great "characters" of the game.

Reminded me of another one when I worked in the minor leagues, Rocky Bridges, who was coaching for the Pirates then. He had so many stories about the past, you could just sit there and listen to him all day.

Bill Melton, not so much. Him and Santo were of a different era than Skowron and Minoso and Billy Pierce.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Dammit. It was a blast listening to Moose on with Farmio & DJ.

RIP Moose!

Nothing against the guy, but when he was in the booth on the radio broadcast, I had no idea what was going on in the game.

I'd be fine with whatever he did if it was on TV, because I can actually follow the game.

RIP Moose.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Personally I hated it when they brought him in the booth to ramble on, but he seemed like he was an awesome guy to hang out with. RIP Moose.

I agree with this. I liked Moose, but it was already hard enough sometimes to know what was happening in the game with just Ed and D.J. When Moose, or anyone else for that matter, joined them in the booth it was as if there was no game going on. As someone who can only listen to the games on radio it was extremely annoying.

Why couldn't they of given Moose 2 innings to be in the booth and at least mentioned what was going on in the game occasionally?