4/27 Games

caulfield12

Mitchell's been an extremely bright spot this week in what's been a crappy week for the big league team. I'd love to see highlights of his triples to see if they would have been homers at a smaller park or if he's actually benefiting from the huge dimensions.

Notice that K. Walker's now moved up to 2nd in the Kanny line-up.

Saladino's close to recovering from his tepid start.

3/5, 2B and homer, 3 RBI's, at .237 after being well below the Mendoza line for most of April.

He's clearly the best legitimate 3B candidate we have to replace Morel within the system...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Notice that K. Walker's now moved up to 2nd in the Kanny line-up.

Saladino's close to recovering from his tepid start.

3/5, 2B and homer, 3 RBI's, at .237 after being well below the Mendoza line for most of April.

He's clearly the best legitimate 3B candidate we have to replace Morel within the system...

He's been en fuego for a good stretch here. Check out his OBP and BB/SO last 10 games.. sick. And personally, I think his glove is wasted if he moves to 3B (from what I've seen and remember, he has a pretty damn good glove at SS). And Mitchell might start moving up in the order soon.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:12 AM)
He's been en fuego for a good stretch here. Check out his OBP and BB/SO last 10 games.. sick. And personally, I think his glove is wasted if he moves to 3B (from what I've seen and remember, he has a pretty damn good glove at SS). And Mitchell might start moving up in the order soon.

There's always the maxim you should leave a kid alone who's playing SS for as long as possible and not move him to 3B or 2B.

Especially if you want to maximize his trade value.

If Ramirez IS traded, you have your SS in Saladino...although for the time being, one would guess the organization is probably more concerned about 3B and 2B.

And part of that has been addressed by moving Conor Jackson to 3B at Charlotte.