Red Sox @ White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Ryan Sweeney has never been all that great. Never developed the power that would make him a legit full time starting OF. He would have filled roles on the Sox, but that's only because of the failure of other OF's to even be adequate.

I just reviewed Sweeney's minor league stats when he was in our system. We signed him out of high school, sent him to the Rookie League and he hits well over .300. Next year at W-S he has a solid year. Next two years he has solid numbers iin Birm and Charlotte. He was still 21-22. Now he is 26-27 and a legit outfielder. Plus, he can play defense. When I think of some of the mediocrity (and worse) we have played in the outfield in the last 5 years, I would pull my hair out if I had any. No wonder the other GM's love Kenny.

So much for the Boston pens bloated ERA's....................I hope smugass Kenny Williams walks around the park with his head held high...............Fans are not going to pay to see this s***. He should of been canned when OG left this is totally unacceptable! Floyd will piss his pants Sunday 4 game :sweep:

Edited by Soxfest

And the turning point was Dunn not easily scoring in the 1st inning when Ross fumbled the ball around in LF.

Sigh.

Konerko hit a double...Dunn had been on 1B with a walk, he didn't look at the play in front of him and just assumed he would be held up by McEwing instead of waiting to be stopped.

When he realized what was going on, it was too late for him to score.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Changes have to be made on offense. I flat out hate our lefty pitcher lineup.

Sox have to be one of the most patient organizations in professional sports. How the can keep running Gordon Beckham out as a starter is incredible. And now they're showing the same patience (ignorance?) with Morel.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
What did Dunn do to cost Sox a run

He didn't score on Ross' error back in the first, 3rd base coach was waving him in while he was looking back in the field just b4 the error took place and coming to a halt at 3rd.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Sox have to be one of the most patient organizations in professional sports. How the can keep running Gordon Beckham out as a starter is incredible. And now they're showing the same patience (ignorance?) with Morel.

In previous years, we've been one of the most impatient organizations. In a rebuilding year, we need to be patient.