Pale Hose vs. Carmines 4/29/2012

Quin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Another homer lost to the bad weather. Great swing though, encouraging.

Think Lillibridge with limited play is leading the AL with stolen bases...could be a nice tandem at the top of the line-up when/if they finally decide to bench Gordon Beckham or send him down.

How long do you think Gordon has?

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
My guess is he has all of May to show SIGNIFICANT improvement otherwise he'll be sent down.

They were talking on the Score this morning that there's a date coming soon that Beckham would have to be sent down, otherwise he'd have to clear waivers. They said May 5th, but weren't sure. I know his 3 years in the bigs would be June 4th, but maybe the date they were speaking of is sooner. Anyway, I hope it's soon, because he can't hit a fastball. Send him down until he can.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
They were talking on the Score this morning that there's a date coming soon that Beckham would have to be sent down, otherwise he'd have to clear waivers. They said May 5th, but weren't sure. I know his 3 years in the bigs would be June 4th, but maybe the date they were speaking of is sooner. Anyway, I hope it's soon, because he can't hit a fastball. Send him down until he can.

Well, he won't clear waivers as he's not yet in the Josh Fields/Brian Anderson category of bad, so they better send him down now for a month.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
Well, he won't clear waivers as he's not yet in the Josh Fields/Brian Anderson category of bad, so they better send him down now for a month.

Yeah you dont want to lose him. So whenever you have to send him down then do it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Pujols 0/3 and down to .218 now for the season.

Amazingly, Bartolo Colon throwing another shutout against that O's line-up.

And no idea why Kenneth Williams, Jr. is playing for BIRM when Mitchell should be playing everyday down there.

Maybe Birmingham has Sunday lineups.

Edited by greg775

Viciedo, encouragingly, has been turning on more and more balls and pulling them.

Looks a lot more aggressive and comfortable up there than a week ago. It's coming. He's the streaky type of hitter who can go on a tear and carry the bottom of the line-up when the weather heats up.

Time to trade Gavin Floyd, lol?

Of course, if he gets a no-hitter against the Red Sox, it might be the 3rd or 4th story on SportsCenter. Probably still behind Derek Rose and the NFL draft wrap-ups, NBA/NHL playoffs...

Edited by caulfield12

DeAza frustrated by the barely-foul bunt.

Tough luck.

Pujols finishes 0/4, K, .216. Indians back in first place for the time being. Trout off to an 0 for 7 start as well. And poor Ozzie, everyone's already forgotten about him, mired in the NL East basement and losing 7 of their last 8 games.

That was a fast half-inning. Gavin always gives you that feeling that he'll either throw a no-hitter or completely implode and blow the lead in games like this, with no in-between where the bullpen can get warmed up quickly enough.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
putting way too much pressure on the pitching staff. Beckett certainly looks better than he did in the 1st, but c'mon. He's a shadow of his former self, guy doesn't throw over 92 any more.

I think that's going to have to be something they get accustomed to...