Pale Hose vs. Carmines 4/29/2012

Quin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A week ago, Dayan was either striking out or pushing/flailing/lunging at balls and cueing them to the right side.

Much more dangerous hitter now...especially if he can lay off the high fastball.

Trying to be more patient wasn't working, only had resulted in one walk all season.

Thornton for the save? Hmmm.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
I keep thinking guys look different at the plate today, but I'm trying to convince myself it's not just the color of their uniforms.

I've only started watching since the top of the 7th. Who was the Sox player who "lost" a homer due to the wind?

While you have to give Hector another shot at closing before giving up on him, it doesn't have to be today. Leave Matt in there unless he struggles.

Edited by Jake

First place CLE next Tue/Wed/Thur with much more comfortable temperatures.

Then the struggling Tigers in DET, final road trip of the season to Cleveland, including the doubleheader/make-up game, I think on May 2nd.

So 10 huge games in a row within the division.

Still haven't seen the Twins or Royals, which is unfortunate with how they've both been scuffling out of the gate.

Edited by caulfield12

What was the Soxtalk response to Hector tipping pitches? I never read anything about it.

Between the fact that Matt is rolling today, the importance of this win, and the potential pitch tipping business, perhaps Santiago wasn't an option today. I'd imagine they may be working on things mechanically if he is in fact tipping pitches.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
Well...if you would have told me we going into the series that the Sox were only going to muster 10 runs in 4 games against Boston, I would probably would have taken 1 win out of the 4.

GAS!!!!

2 down!

Gavin finally nutted up and Peavy continued to pitch extremely well.

In the end, if we keep getting that type of starting pitching (hello Danks!) we'll be competitive.

On to Chris Sale versus Ubaldo Jimenez Tuesday night for 1st place.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
11-11...a game back after a month.

The old saying goes that you can't win the division in April, but you can certainly lose it. Well...the Sox certainly didn't lose it.

The pitching has been great and I expect it to stay great. I also expect the hitting to (on the whole, some individuals will regress a bit) get better. That's a good recipe for an improving record.

Gavin Floyd now 7-0 career against the Red Sox.

60-58 cumulatively in the majors.

Hello, Brian Cashman?

If Bard is pushed back into the bullpen (right now things have stabilized with Aceves), then you could also see the Red Sox making a hard push for adding Jake Peavy down the stretch.

22,811. More there for a Sunday Bat Day than Saturday night, but the weather was pretty brutal last night.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)

Hello, Brian Cashman?

If Bard is pushed back into the bullpen (right now things have stabilized with Aceves), then you could also see the Red Sox making a hard push for adding Jake Peavy down the stretch.

We can expect a typical White Sox season where they hang around too long for KW trade any of them away...inevitably the flaws on the team don't allow them to finish off the play-off push, and we're left with no post-season...and no prospects.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)

Hello, Brian Cashman?

22,811. More there for a Sunday Bat Day than Saturday night, but the weather was pretty brutal last night.

The Red Sox have zero room to add salary this season if they want to stay under the luxury tax, which has been made quite a bit more painful this year for teams that get there, especially multiple years in a row. They are not paying Marlon Byrd's salary, because that would put them over the luxury tax. They gave up on their SS and replaced him with Aviles...to avoid paying the luxury tax.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Think Lillibridge with limited play is leading the AL with stolen bases...could be a nice tandem at the top of the line-up when/if they finally decide to bench Gordon Beckham or send him down.

After the way Lillibridge performed today, he should be starting in place of Beckham for a while. Heck, even Escobar showed today that he can give better ABs than Beckham has been giving this season.

Maybe they can platoon Lillibridge with Escobar at 2B and use Beckham as a utility infielder for which he is most suited. If Morel continues to struggle they can alternate Beckham in at 3B every now and then. Either that or just send Beckham down to work on his swing and bring up a third catcher to free up Flowers and AJ to PH more.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man