The West Coast Jinx continues

Jordan4life_2003

Angels r like 5-20 since the all-star break.  We're comin into town hot.  And of course we lose 2 of the 1st 3.  I just can't figure out our problems when it comes to goin out on the West coast...Help me out guys.  And don't give me the time zone difference excuse...That one is really lame...

Welcome to White Sox baseball. The team that should, but never does.

We should have won tonight, that baserunning mistake proved costly.

That and Buehrle should have been taken out.

We need the split tomorrow.

CWSOX45

That's Jerry Manuel's White Sox for ya. It sucks doesn't it? How the hell is this team in contention right now? :huh:

I believe Sox will split the series tomorrow, and Jon Garland will throw one of the best games of his life. He's 1-3 with an ERA over 6 against Anaheim in his career.

I only believe it because it shouldnt happen; just like Sox shouldnt be the Detroit Tigers b****, and KC shouldnt be beating Yankees 11-0.

KC is idle tomorrow, so we can pick up half a game before their big MINN series.

I believe Sox will split the series tomorrow, and Jon Garland will throw one of the best games of his life.  He's 1-3 with an ERA over 6 against Anaheim in his career.

I remember Garland pitching very well against Anaheim too (a while ago). That seems odd that he had a great outing and a bunch of bad ones against them.

Last night's game is just another reason why I am short of confident that our beloved pale hose will be playing more than 162 games this year. The easy part of their schedule is over, and you now have KC beating the few tough teams they have left to play. Sure, KC could just as easily lose 3 straight to Cleveland or somebody, but I don't find that likely. The Sox had their chance, they could/should be up 7-8 games right now. Unfortunately I see them playing slightly better than .500 the rest of the way, which I don't think will be good enough. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

All the gloom! Come on. Take a deep breath. Relax.

Yes, the baserunning mistake was bad. But it's gonna happen. That's White Sox baseball.

Buehrle pitched a great game last night. Coupled with the terrific defense, if he keeps pitching like that he's gonna win a lot more of them than he will lose.

Anaheim is a little better than a .500 at home. We historically have not played well there, and we are not a good road team. Winning the series would have been great - but the split is what we need, and we can still get that.

Head to Texas where the Rangers play about .500 at home. Take 2 of 3. Doable with Loaiza and Colon on the bump the first two nights. Then host the Angels and the Rangers at the Cell where we play over .625 and they play .384 COMBINED. Any ground lost should be made up here.

Nobody is going to run away with this division. Play steady, play smart, don't panic.

Yes, the baserunning mistake was bad. But it's gonna happen. That's White Sox baseball.

Buehrle pitched a great game last night. Coupled with the terrific defense, if he keeps pitching like that he's gonna win a lot more of them than he will lose.

Anaheim is a little better than a .500 at home. We historically have not played well there, and we are not a good road team. Winning the series would have been great - but the split is what we need, and we can still get that.

Head to Texas where the Rangers play about .500 at home. Take 2 of 3. Doable with Loaiza and Colon on the bump the first two nights. Then host the Angels and the Rangers at the Cell where we play over .625 and they play .384 COMBINED. Any ground lost should be made up here.

Nobody is going to run away with this division.  Play steady, play smart, don't panic.

That's a good post, Dogger, and I'm really not the panicking type. I'm rationally and calmly not excited about our chances. It's not solely based on last night's game, and I don't think it's a big let down if they split with anaheim(though losing 3 of 4 is not good).

--I don't think they'll continue to annhiliate KC

--I think Minnesota is gunning for payback

--The Yankees are actually playing for something this late in the year

I'm scared. Hold me.

I can't complain too much about last night.  We pitched well and we played great defense. You are going to lose games, like that every once in a while.

The three throw-outs at home by the Sox were impressive. We were just hitting line drives right at people and their defense was awesome behind Washburn.

The three throw-outs at home by the Sox were impressive. We were just hitting line drives right at people and their defense was awesome behind Washburn.

Washburn had his A game last night.

Sox were robbed of a run that inning (5th?) when Rowand ripped what would of been a one out double and then Alomar followed that up with what would of been an RBI base hit up the middle (Neither guy got on).

Still Sox failed to get another run in and that was their fault. I'm not gonna gripe, Sox need to move on and concern themselves with this next one and leave the West Coast 2-2 on this set and take care of business against the Rangers.

Nobody is going to run away with this division.  Play steady, play smart, don't panic.

right on post! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Well i am not one to panic, or come out with doom or gloom, but those people arent wrong. This is a dumb baseball team. A team that lacks killer instinct, and a team with a below average manager. You can pass it off as ahhh its only one game or one mistake all you want......but if it continues, and it will, smart baseball fans realize the result will be either not making the playoffs at all, or getting bounced in the 1st round once again. Their frustration is valid.

But panicing is more fun. :lol: On a more serious note, you are dead right. There is a lot of time left, it's just the Sox haven't showed any signs of being a consistent baseball team. They look great for a small stretch and then they leave you scratching your head after another. If the Sox finish with consistent baseball the division will be theirs, far and away.

Wait a second....base running mistake? You mean Jose getting thrown out at 3rd? That play was pure luck. Kennedy barely got his foot on the base, he threw the ball from his knees, and Amezaga had to make a hell of a play to get Jose.

There was nothing wrong with that play. On any given night, we could have a runner on the corner with one out or runners on the corners with no outs. It just so happened that the Angels kind of lucked out and got Jose at 3rd.

Wait a second....base running mistake?  You mean Jose getting thrown out at 3rd?  That play was pure luck.  Kennedy barely got his foot on the base, he threw the ball from his knees, and Amezaga had to make a hell of a play to get Jose.

There was nothing wrong with that play.  On any given night, we could have a runner on the corner with one out or runners on the corners with no outs.  It just so happened that the Angels kind of lucked out and got Jose at 3rd.

Hudler was saying before the game today (Angels Broadcast) that he had never seen that play made before and was saying how awesome of a play it was by Kennedy. I think it was a heads up play, but Kennedy made a hell of a throw and somehow the SS was there.