The Off-day boredom thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
Of course...they are so tough to beat at home. They played pretty awful and still swept the Blue Jays.

I swear it seems like they're ALWAYS at home too in this second half.

At least the final four with the Sox are in Chicago. But the series before, I don't want to hear any "the team is tired" bull s*** excuses again. The last game in Baltimore is a early afternoon game. Take a f***ing nap on the plane haha

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Of course...they are so tough to beat at home. They played pretty awful and still swept the Blue Jays.

They have played one more game at home than the Sox and only have two more home wins. Since the brutal start to the season, Sox have played .667 baseball at home.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
I will be attending 3 (three) of the next 6 (six) White Sox home games. I'm a true fan. Discuss.

I wish I had the ability to go to a lot of games. But, living 180 miles away and being broke as a joke I only get to a game every year or two. I don't think my fandom should be questioned because of the fact that I just can't get to games.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
I wish I had the ability to go to a lot of games. But, living 180 miles away and being broke as a joke I only get to a game every year or two. I don't think my fandom should be questioned because of the fact that I just can't get to games.

i was baiting, you took the bait.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)

I live about 2500 miles away. I'm broke as oke (I can't even afford the j), and I may get to one ST game every year when someone else pays for it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
When I was checking out the motownsports forum. I got a good laugh at these comments.

Stupid off days. White Sox get Mendoza, Chen and Guthrie

The Tigers went 0-3 trying to run through that gauntlet.

They are quite entertaining to observe.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
I see that more with NFL fans.

I just saw the Bears average ticket price this year is $110, and that is up almost 10%. They had the highest increase in prices in the entire NFL. I wonder what their attendance is going to look like this year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
I just saw the Bears average ticket price this year is $110, and that is up almost 10%. They had the highest increase in prices in the entire NFL. I wonder what their attendance is going to look like this year?

Smallest stadium in the league still right?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)

They are third in the "Fan Cost Index" this year behind the Cowboys & Jets. Second most expensive parking in the league I think at $49. But of course I managed to sell my parking pass on StubHub for $101.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
Smallest stadium in the league still right?

Yup. I'm still amazed by that move.