The Off-day boredom thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 31, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
I guess it's a good thing the Sox don't play tonight, since I wouldn't be able to watch while in my closet dodging another round of tornadoes.

Take your smartphone in the closet with you. I'd say drag a TV in there, but you might lose power.

Found out today that I might be going to school in Chicago this fall. I'm stoked as hell for LIVE Sox action (not that I'll have a lot of time)! Pleeeaaaase stay in contention!

This seemed like a good place for a post of this random variety.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
Cards tie up Detroit 1-1 in the 5th. Super prospect Jacob Turner has allowed 9 baserunners, but only one run so far.

I wonder how many people picked up Turner for their fantasy teams today. I did.

I can't even watch Chicago Tribune Live with Kaplans blatant homerism. Of course the only thing he focuses on is A.J./Thornton forgetting how many outs there were. Nobody even mentions the Cubs plunking our batters, repeatedly over these last couple of series'.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
I can't even watch Chicago Tribune Live with Kaplans blatant homerism. Of course the only thing he focuses on is A.J./Thornton forgetting how many outs there were. Nobody even mentions the Cubs plunking our batters, repeatedly over these last couple of series'.

Kaplan is the biggest boob in Chicago. His bias is unreal. If you look through his tweets, he has about 6 tweets about the Sox since June 1. Disgusting.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Kaplan is the biggest boob in Chicago. His bias is unreal. If you look through his tweets, he has about 6 tweets about the Sox since June 1. Disgusting.

and he was so mad when tha sox retaliated and hit lahair. anyone that knows baseball would totally understand the situation. u cant hit someones best hitter in the head and clearly on purspose and expect for nothing to be done.what an idiot

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
and he was so mad when tha sox retaliated and hit lahair. anyone that knows baseball would totally understand the situation. u cant hit someones best hitter in the head and clearly on purspose and expect for nothing to be done.what an idiot

The worst part was that his reasoning for that line of thought was that "Hollandsworth thought that way." Oh please, Todd Hollandsworth? :unsure:

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
I guess it's a good time for my first post.

I'd just like to say hello. I've been reading the boards for a long time. I've been a Sox fan since birth, and the 49 is because of the current SP who wears it.

I can't wait to get started.

Welcome friend! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)

They just need to change the name of the show to " Chicago Cubune Live" for accuracy.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
I guess it's a good time for my first post.

I'd just like to say hello. I've been reading the boards for a long time. I've been a Sox fan since birth, and the 49 is because of the current SP who wears it.

I can't wait to get started.

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers

• 2 weeks later...