The Off-day boredom thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 06:59 AM)
The next two series are against the Rangers and Blue Jays at home. If the Sox can pull a rabbit out of their hat and end this homestand with a positive record, I will be elated.

No joke. It is sad that I am more afraid of Toronto than Texas.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
Going to the game on Wednesday, and it'll be the first Sox game for my kids. Hoping for a win.

Excellent. Everyone without season tickets should use the codes provided in the ticket exchange. Lower boxes vs. Texas are $20.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
Going to the game on Wednesday, and it'll be the first Sox game for my kids. Hoping for a win.

Enjoy, and pack plenty of sunscreen. Also remember you can bring unopened waters in to the park for the kids.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

A great idea we learned years ago for trips like that... Throw the water bottles into the freezer for a while before you leave, which will keep them cold much longer. Depending on how long you are away from the park, you can leave them overnight to get them frozen solid. As hot as it is going to be, it could be worth it.

Since the season is halfway over and the Sox are in first, and the division is bad, they will be in contention. So basically any out of division match-ups aren't as big a concern to me. So if they go 3-3 on this homestand great.

Keep your head above the water vs. The East and West, and beat the Central = October Baseball. And anything can happen in October.

So far Central vs. The East/West:

Sox 16-16

Tigers 16-21

indians 15-13

43 of the last 76 games are all in the division, concentrate on those, and do you best with the other 33...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Off days suck. Multiple off days suck more.

Agreed, I know the players need a few days off, as anyone does from their profession, But man; I hate the All Star game.

This is going to be one long, boring week. Maybe K.W. will spice it up by leaking a few trade rumors.

:gosox4:

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Agreed, I know the players need a few days off, as anyone does from their profession, But man; I hate the All Star game.

This is going to be one long, boring week. Maybe K.W. will spice it up by leaking a few trade rumors.

:gosox4:

I'm sure some of the veteran players feel the same way.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Man George Brett was pretty funny during the HR derby. Anyone else hear him?

Yeah, he was entertaining. I liked how he corrected Berman a few times. It's too bad that plate of ribs he brought didn't silence Berman like it did Kruk.