The Off-day boredom thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
They honestly don't bother me as much anymore. I think all my hatred has been bestowed upon the Red Sox, that I kinda let the Yankees slide.

My hatred is towards the Sox losing the series to KC. There was opportunity to gain some ground here.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
Ramon Santiago just took over for MCab at 3rd in the 2nd inning...

Steve Berthiaume ‏@SBerthiaumeESPN

CABRERA LEAVES GAME: #Tigers trainer & Jim Leyland out to 3B. Something suddenly wrong with Miguel Cabrera, who may have tweaked a knee.

Ryan Field ‏@RyanFieldFSD

Cabrera has been nursing a sore left ankle for several weeks now, and it appeared to bother him in his last atbat. #Tigers

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
I wonder what the odds would have been on a Verlander no-hitter today? I'll be shocked if Toronto gets more than 4 hits today, their lineup is worse than a split-squad spring training lineup.

Your only real concerns are Encarnacion or Rajai Davis legging out an infield hit. Rasmus had a small injury flare up and is 0 for his last 26, and I believe 3 for his last 40 with 3 singles.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Your only real concerns are Encarnacion or Rajai Davis legging out an infield hit. Rasmus had a small injury flare up and is 0 for his last 26, and I believe 3 for his last 40 with 3 singles.

I bet he wishes that the White Sox were coming to Toronto again!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Brian Britten ‏@BBritten_Tigers

Miguel Cabrera left today's game with right ankle soreness. He is day-to-day. #tigers

This brings up a good question... who is the ONE player they can't afford to lose for any significan't time... Verlander, Cabrera, or Fielder?

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
This brings up a good question... who is the ONE player they can't afford to lose for any significan't time... Verlander, Cabrera, or Fielder?

Verlander for sure. They can lose one of the offensive guys, as they partially make it up with much better defense. Plus they still have a dangerous line up.

Verlander is their most irreplaceable player and I actually might rate Jackson second ahead of Cabrera/Fielder.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Verlander for sure. They can lose one of the offensive guys, as they partially make it up with much better defense. Plus they still have a dangerous line up.

I think Cabrera and Fielder are the only reason that line-up is dangerous. Take one out it's okay take both out it would be downright mediocre.

I vote Cabrera if only for the fact that Verlander isn't the 2011 version and is only going to have an impact in what 7 more games this season? No Miggy for weeks at a time would be devastating.