The Off-day boredom thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Tigers are just amazingly tough to beat at home with those crowds.

It's the advantage they're always going to have over us with dynamic pricing.

The Tigers have certain games that they call "premium games" that they charge more for as well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
The Tigers have certain games that they call "premium games" that they charge more for as well.

When you have three superstars, you can get away with it...and that payroll.

They still don't know how long Cabrera's going to be out with that ankle injury, either.

It could be they win the battle today but lose the war.

We've got a "budding" or baby superstar in Sale, but there's not much evidence that there's a huge upturn in home crowds when he pitches, like Greinke in KC, Halladay in Toronto, Verlander in Detroit, etc.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Brad Lincoln is in. Ugh.

Where is Steve Delabar?

Happy not to be teaching, lol.

Echevarria might never be able to hit...but that kid has a ton of range. He ALMOST came up with that play in the bottom of the 8th.

Gose is another uber talented athlete in the same category...but hasn't hit, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
When you have three superstars, you can get away with it...and that payroll.

They still don't know how long Cabrera's going to be out with that ankle injury, either.

It could be they win the battle today but lose the war.

We've got a "budding" or baby superstar in Sale, but there's not much evidence that there's a huge upturn in home crowds when he pitches, like Greinke in KC, Halladay in Toronto, Verlander in Detroit, etc.

Some of this is a mind set. Are you a fan of a player or two or the team. I'm not sure that everyone will go just to see the player believe it or not many fans go to see the team win or lose.

Thought I would share this because I was laughing my ass off at it. I was talking to my friend who is a Rangers fan. He said he would take the match up of Dempster vs Sale any day of the week.

It still makes me laugh lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Is it true that coming into last night's game, 10 of the last 12 hits Benoit had allowed were homers?

Wow, 10 of his last 14 had been homers, and there was a stretch of 10 out of 12 in there. Three times he gave up 2 homers in one appearance.