Ughhh!!!

BridgeportHeather

After 13 hours of driving, unpacking, and setting up...The Chicago Sports Fan's Paradise (aka my dorm room) is finally set up!!! I have a single this year, so I've only had to share a room for four semesters total for my college career, so I had to bring everything.

This was the last move-in day of my life, thankfully...

I thought this might be the time for people to share their college move-in day horror stories.

Not a horror story... Bradley is just so small that we got there a little later than they recommended and the place was packed. That, and they made you take the ass backwards way into campus (they closed off the convienent entrance for I-74 users), so essentially, it took us about an hour to go 4 city blocks.

But other than that, it was all good. Personally the 8 days until I get to move back can't go by soon enough.

I didn't live in a dorm.. but a girlfriend of mine went to Eastern and I helped her move. After we got all her crap in we went to get something to eat. When we came back a few hours later a pipe had bursted in the wall and several rooms were flooded and everything ruined. That sucked for her.

Not a horror story... Bradley is just so small that we got there a little later than they recommended and the place was packed.  That, and they made you take the ass backwards way into campus (they closed off the convienent entrance for I-74 users), so essentially, it took us about an hour to go 4 city blocks.

That's Peoria for ya. I went there in March when my high school's boys basketball team went to state (finished 3rd). It's a nightmare driving around. Whoever designed that city is an idiot.

Last year i moved in most of my stuff 2 days early because i was down there anyway for a bears preseason game - good excuse to get there before everyone else. If you ever have this option, i highly recommend it. Sunday i barely had anything to move in but it still sucked because the wait for elevators and parking spots is ridiculous.

After 13 hours of driving, unpacking, and setting up...The Chicago Sports Fan's Paradise (aka my dorm room) is finally set up!!!  I have a single this year, so I've only had to share a room for four semesters total for my college career, so I had to bring everything.

This was the last move-in day of my life, thankfully...

I thought this might be the time for people to share their college move-in day horror stories.

Well, I don't have a college move in story, but let me tell you about the total hell that comes with clearing a military installation. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I have been to see 30 different people collecting signatures from various agencies on and off post and I still have to move out of my apartment. That isin't too hard, though, cause I got rid of most of my furniture before Iraq, but cleaning the place is a total pain (and I am a total neat freak too!). I finally finish all that s*** on the 21st YES!!!!

That's Peoria for ya. I went there in March when my high school's boys basketball team went to state (finished 3rd). It's a nightmare driving around. Whoever designed that city is an idiot.

It depends on where you are. The older part of town (downtown, inner city, South Side, and "The Hill"), where we live is set up pretty nice. Once you get used to it that is... They tried real hard to make a good grid and, for the most part, succeeded.

That said, the newer parts (NW side of town, northern suburbs) are about as ass-backwards as you can get. No one put any urban planning thinking into it. Actually, it kind of reminds me of Chicago, on a much smaller scale. The city, for the most part, is laid out on a nice, practical grid while half the suburbs couldn't get any more ridiculous if they tried.

The only real problem around BU is that you can't drive through some side streets because about 1/2 of them have raised, diagonal "flowerbeds" completely across some intersections. But those are there to cut down on the drive-by shootings in the neighborhood, so I guess I shouldn't complain that much. :lol:

On a related note, if you want an assbackwards city, try Boston. When i was there for my baseball road trip this spring it took us forever to get onto the damn highway. It's like you are driving around in one big circle.

Likely user error... :lolhitting

On a related note, if you want an assbackwards city, try Boston. When i was there for my baseball road trip this spring it took us forever to get onto the damn highway. It's like you are driving around in one big circle.

Dude Boston is jacked................

Blame wayward cows.