White Sox vs. Indians 5/2/2012 7:10 PM

Quin

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 2, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
No reason Ohman shouldn't pitch effectively tonight against a left-handed heavy line-up.

Perfect game for him to see some meaningful innings.

If the Sox were playing Simeon, I'd be nervous if Ohman came in.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
Because he's a GENIUS.

Well, at least in this particular situation. Would almost rather see Ohman than Thornton against Hafner.

Would rather see Ohman than anyone besides Thornton and Reed tonight against this particular line-up.

Thornton-Santiago or Reed-Thornton to finish this thing?

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
Apparently we now put defense on the board.

Harrelson got a little excited, eh?

He's working himself into a lather, ala Tom Kelly? Shouldn't there be a rule for those sayings that a runner should theoretically be scoring if Alexei DOESN'T make the play to merit such a call?

Oh, well, nice to see Harrelson excited and energized again, compared to last year's Bataan Death March (if anyone has a family member who served in the Philippines, that's just my "wrestler persona" and I'm not actually poking fun of the very real atrocities which happened at the hands of the Japanese in WW II.)

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 2, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
Would rather see Ohman more than anyone besides Thornton and Reed tonight against this particular line-up.

Thornton-Santiago or Reed-Thornton to finish this thing?

Santiago is another guy that can't be trusted with anything less than a 3 run lead. His entire existence on a major league roster is entirely placed on spring training games.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Good AB by Gordon. Morel's last at bat looked like me batting.

He did have a hit earlier tonight, but he has looked real bad too many times this year. Making outs is one thing, not having a chance is another. This one though is a sidewinder, and they can make batters look real silly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
He did have a hit earlier tonight, but he has looked real bad too many times this year. Making outs is one thing, not having a chance is another. This one though is a sidewinder, and they can make batters look real silly.

Totally agree with you. This isn't a mechanics thing, it's more of an overmatched thing so far this year. He will be in AAA by June if he doesn't get things going.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
I mean seriously how bad do you have to be to take 2 pitches up the middle when your up 3-0. Then swing at a pitch out of the zone.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had the 3-0 take and the 3-1 take. If I were Ventura I would have had him take both.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if he had the 3-0 take and the 3-1 take. If I were Ventura I would have had him take both.

I mean he might as well just not swing at anything.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)

As Wimpy used to say, take 2 they're small.

Hawk has been using a Wimpy line lately when the opponent hits a flyball he'll sometimes say we have a man there.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I mean he might as well just not swing at anything.

In a tie game leading off the 7th with a new reliever I may give the 3-0 and 3-1 take to Morel and Beckham. Everyone else can swing away on 3-1.