NATO in Chicago

southsider2k5

So how many people who work downtown are still going to their work sites while this is going on? I swear I have been through Presidential visits, million man marches, and about 100 different protests, but I have never heard anything that approaches this. Black helicopters, shoot to kill no fly zones, stops and searches of all trains around McCormick Place, armed and uniformed military personnel, etc. This is crazy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the reactions are kind of insane.

My mom works for a large insurance company who insures some of the bigger buildings in Chicago. One of the tenants wanted the insurance company to pay for special glass to be installed to protect the building in case of riot. I thought this was insane, but over the last week I swear the Pepsi building installed some sort of super protective glass on their lobby. None of these buildings are even close to where the NATO thing is occurring.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
This is about the best example of "overreaction" that I can think of. What a waste of time/energy/resources.

i totally agree. just a bunch of chicago democrats in a total panic over nothing, wasting money as usual.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 2, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
you can use that lol emoticon all you want, balta. but this whole thing is being blown out of control.

Of course it is, but that's not because it's Democrats doing it, this is what happens every time there is a major political gathering since the Seattle/WTO.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 2, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
uh oh. you're doomed dude.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
He'll get some good overtime.

...Its security in a condo building...

Read into it and wow sounds like its gonna be an interesting first week of work.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

I'm in the west loop and our building is requiring everyone for the entire week to use their ID badges to use the elevators (otherwise the floors are locked). That, and if they don't recognize you, they'll ask for an ID before they let you up. So dumb.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 2, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
I'll take it, engine on my car blew out so I need all the money I can get the first couple weeks to get a new car..I'll be taking the train up there..sounds like a fun time

If you take the electric lines to Michigan Ave, leave a lot of extra time. It sounds like all trains will be stopped, and all bags will be checked.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
If you take the electric lines to Michigan Ave, leave a lot of extra time. It sounds like all trains will be stopped, and all bags will be checked.

I'm comin from Hammond, IN so i'll be taking the south shore to the last stop (which is mccormick place isnt it??)....gonna be such a hassle it sounds like

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm comin from Hammond, IN so i'll be taking the south shore to the last stop (which is mccormick place isnt it??)....gonna be such a hassle it sounds like

The train usually doesn't stop at McCormick, unless it is auto-show week. They will be stopping the trains at some point before McCormick on these days and will have armed feds checking all bags for explosives, during the NATO summit. The end of the line is actually the Randolph street station downtown.