YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
If someone said back in March, that this team would be in 1st and 2.5 games ahead of DET, and in a good WC position, on August 1st... what kind of responses would they have gotten?

LOL

WTF?

Get off of the crack!!!

not without ozzie.

hahahahahahhaha

If someone said back in March, that this team would be in 1st and 2.5 games ahead of DET, and in a good WC position, on August 1st... what kind of responses would they have gotten?

I'd be asking when the memorial services for the Detriot Tigers' plane crash were.

I would have said it was unlikely but not unbelievable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
LOL

WTF?

Get off of the crack!!!

not without ozzie.

hahahahahahhaha

Hey, I've never been a total doubter like those on here who clamor for a total rebuild all the time, conveniently ignoring the fact our fans won't support losing. I've never discounted the possibility of players improving this season; true I didn't think Dunn or Rios had it in them. I hope the Sox complete the deal and win the division because so many guys are having excellent seasons. It'd be a shame to waste all these incredible individual performances.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
The Angels are probably the second most important team for the Sox to beat after Detroit, because if Detroit goes on some kind of sick run in August-September, the Angels will be the team the Sox are battling for a WC spot.

I say we just hit the gas and catch the Yankees and Rangers for best record in the league.

THIS IS REAL!

Alright that wasnt in march but I wouldnt have been surprised. I knew Dunn and Rios wouldnt be historically bad again and were due for a big turnaround and thought that was the key to them being a contender...and luckily I was right

• 2 weeks later...

The sox went to thier "house of horrors". The Tigers played the Twins. 3 games played, 3 days off the schedule, no movement in the standings ... Advantage White Sox. Let's hope they can put another 1/2 game between themselves and Detroit tonight.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
The sox went to thier "house of horrors". The Tigers played the Twins. 3 games played, 3 days off the schedule, no movement in the standings ... Advantage White Sox. Let's hope they can put another 1/2 game between themselves and Detroit tonight.

And then this weekend, the Sox play KC with their 3 top pitchers going, and with PK14 back in the lineup... while DET plays a pretty hot Baltimore team. Very nice opportunity here for the Sox to put a little more distance between them and DET.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
And then this weekend, the Sox play KC with their 3 top pitchers going, and with PK14 back in the lineup... while DET plays a pretty hot Baltimore team. Very nice opportunity here for the Sox to put a little more distance between them and DET.

Anything can happen, but the pitching matchups are definitely in DET's favor this weekend too.

Hunter vs Verlander

TBA vs Porcello

Chen vs. Cy Fister (Chen has been their pitcher this year though, 3.70 ERA)