YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Anything can happen, but the pitching matchups are definitely in DET's favor this weekend too.

Hunter vs Verlander

TBA vs Porcello

Chen vs. Cy Fister (Chen has been their pitcher this year though, 3.70 ERA)

Never know...by the last 7 days of the season, we may look back and wish the Tigers swept them.

For now, Go O's.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let's break it down---

2 more games in Detroit. Split them.

1-1

Come home for 10 games. Home cooking against the Twins, Royals, and Tigers. Win more than you lose.

6-4

Hit the road for 9 games. Twins, Royals, and Angels. Win more than you lose.

5-4

Come home for 7 games. Indians and Rays. Win more than you lose.

4-3

Finish at Cleveland for 3. Win more than you lose.

2-1

That's 90 wins and should be good enough. And should be attainable for a first place team. If they don't win 90 games, it's a choke job if they don't make the playoffs, and if they do make the playoffs, they're backing in.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
Tiggs never took over sole possession of first. Just tied up. But they blew their game today and we

are in first by ourselves. Hopefully we tired the Tiggs out and they will lose at least 2/3 of their remaining games. Then 85-87 Wins would be enough to snag this division.

That would be embarrassing. I think 88-90 is still more probable.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
Tiggs never took over sole possession of first. Just tied up. But they blew their game today and we

are in first by ourselves. Hopefully we tired the Tiggs out and they will lose at least 2/3 of their remaining games. Then 85-87 Wins would be enough to snag this division.

Didn't we used to have a suicide emoticon? Or was it abolished for unknown dumb reason?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
In is in. Everyone is 0-0 once the playoffs start

I'll take it if it came to that, but as a baseball fan that doesn't think they need divisions anymore, it offends my baseball sensibilities if a division winner has less wins than a wild card team. And especially now if two teams have better records than a division winner.

The Sox need to aspire to win mid-90's, not just stay cheap to win a division that is largely ignored by the masses.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
That would be embarrassing. I think 88-90 is still more probable.

Well if we play around .500 (+1 or -1 game) the rest of the season then we are at 86-87. If it only took 82-83 this year I would be thrilled. Only won 88 and extra game in 2008. 90 wins would be nice

The key is to build our lead to four games so we can be one game up on Detroit after the next series with the Tigers. That will be difficult to do, but it's possible. We figure to win one of the four - Detroit can't win all four can they? - which would give us a one game lead still.

Do you folks think we can build a four-game lead by the time we play 'em again? I'm too lazy to look up who we play and who they play in the interim.

Cmon Sox ... gotta get that lead up to four and then we'll be talking!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
I have no doubt this will be the single strangest end to a season in a long damn time... Both these times are schizophrenic beyond belief, you never know which team will show up for any given game/series

On pace for about 87-88 wins. 12 or 14 games over .500 ..

Hope that is good enough. Still in first.