YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I had a question.

How is Chicago handling the Sox being in contention? Is this big news? Do people just laugh it off since KC has mopped us up and in head to head games with Detroit the Sox get owned?

Do people believe this team is a contender? Is the city gripped over the Sox?

I mean as mad as I get at them, they are three weeks from being in the playoffs if all went well and then all bets are off. A world series at that point is the goal and as we know they don't come around often.

My question is ... Does Chicago care???

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I had a question.

How is Chicago handling the Sox being in contention? Is this big news? Do people just laugh it off since KC has mopped us up and in head to head games with Detroit the Sox get owned?

Do people believe this team is a contender? Is the city gripped over the Sox?

I mean as mad as I get at them, they are three weeks from being in the playoffs if all went well and then all bets are off. A world series at that point is the goal and as we know they don't come around often.

My question is ... Does Chicago care???

The Packers won last night.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
I'm pretty sure that most of the hardcore White Sox fan base doesn't even believe in this team; just waiting for the collapse.

False.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
If the Cubs were a game up in the division at this point ... wow. Wouldn't it be crazy?

No, what are you expecting?? A parade?? Riots??

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
False.

No, what are you expecting?? A parade?? Riots??

He is actually right. There is some coverage but it is overshadowed but the inconsistency of the team and the fact the Bears were slated for the Super Bowl after week one.

If the Sox keep winning they will get some press but right now I think it is kind of what it is.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
He is actually right. There is some coverage but it is overshadowed but the inconsistency of the team and the fact the Bears were slated for the Super Bowl after week one.

If the Sox keep winning they will get some press but right now I think it is kind of what it is.

The Cubs held a parade/party downtown in 2008 before the playoffs even started. It was the saddest followed by the most satisfactory event ever.