5/3/11 GT: SOX vs. Indians - 7:10p CDT - WCIU

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
I just don't understand why we suck.

We got a good leadoff hitter, good starting pitching except for Danks, good defense, adequate bullpen and yet we suck.

Greg, I HOPE you're a better baseball fan than to ask a question like that.

Once again, we're going to lose a game in which we scored 3 runs or less. We haven't won one all season.

So inconsistent or below-average offense, 2-3 guys who have been among the 10-20 worst OPS guys in the entire major leagues, 2 Santiago blown saves, Danks pitching like crap, it's not that difficult to understand...along with the lack of consistent clutch hitting with RISP, and too many K's by our hitters.

Our pitching should be fine, but the bullpen's currently VERY limited without Jesse Crain and with Santiago struggling.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Give me Lillibridge over both

Let's just leave Beckham alone today, he's actually approaching the Mendoza line now.

Aim your pitchforks at Morel! :lolhitting

Also add the fact the Sox have a double power punch in the revitalized Dunn/Konerko. There are a lot of pieces on this team.

Yet the puzzle adds up to .500 or a little below. Weird.

Dunn is officially back, BTW, as long as he doesn't gain the 20 pounds back. He really looks great.

Those of you who refused to bury him and said he'd return to norm appear to be correct.

He's already hit more hard hit balls in five weeks than he did all last season.

Guess I have to take the comment back about 3 runs = L

I guess this more than anything points the finger at Danks' poor start and his new contract.

Dunn now only 4 off last year's HR pace. It would be ironic if he had a season reminiscent of Albert Belle in 1997 or 98 or whatever year when what we really needed was his production LAST YEAR.

PS: Now we can look back at Escobar and Beckham last inning and be even more aggravated. But at least happy for Dunn.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2012 -> 04:03 AM)
Also add the fact the Sox have a double power punch in the revitalized Dunn/Konerko. There are a lot of pieces on this team.

Yet the puzzle adds up to .500 or a little below. Weird.

The 2nd spot in the lineup has negated some of the dynamics of that big time 3/4 combo

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2012 -> 04:02 AM)
And you are still stuck playing one of them. Unless you can't get enough of the Eduardo Escobar Edventure

I thought we were talking about who is the better 2b, Beckham or Getz