5/3/11 GT: SOX vs. Indians - 7:10p CDT - WCIU

QUOTE (Baron @ May 3, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Yeah I dont understand it either. Sure Gordon didnt play all that well last night. But atleast we saw signs of life with him. Remember More's last 2 at bats? Take fastball up the middle then swing at everything out of the zone. He was up 3-0 and didnt swing on 2 pitches up the middle. Last one he swung at was out of the zone.

He is just completely lost right now.

Morel sucks, but I read nothing into taking two pitches on 3-0 lastnight. I'm 100% sure that he had the take on 3-0, and 90% sure that he had the take on 3-1. He did swing at a bad pitch to strikeout, but it's not like he watched two fastballs go by because he couldn't pull the trigger. It was obvious that RV had him take 2 with a new(possibly wild) reliever in the game, and the game tied leading off the 7th.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 3, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
Morel sucks, but I read nothing into taking two pitches on 3-0 lastnight. I'm 100% sure that he had the take on 3-0, and 90% sure that he had the take on 3-1. He did swing at a bad pitch to strikeout, but it's not like he watched two fastballs go by because he couldn't pull the trigger. It was obvious that RV had him take 2 with a new(possibly wild) reliever in the game, and the game tied leading off the 7th.

You mentioned that last night which is very possibly. Personally I dont think he should swing at anything while he is up there. When he does he just embarrasses himself.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 3, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
You mentioned that last night which is very possibly. Personally I dont think he should swing at anything while he is up there. When he does he just embarrasses himself.

That's why we don't coach. I would have had him take 3 pitches on 3-0. Would have told him to close his eyes just in-case he gets any urge to swing.

Edited by jeffro2525

Looks like Dunn has truly put last year behind him.

He has had enough at bats for proof he is much better than a year ago if not the old Dunn.

Paulie officially in a little slump?

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 3, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
That's why we don't coach. I would have had him take 3 pitches on 3-0. Would have told him to close his eyes just in-case he gets any urge to swing.

Quite right