5/3/11 GT: SOX vs. Indians - 7:10p CDT - WCIU

LOL.

Looking back, maybe it would have been the better move to have Santiago in the starting rotation as the 5th starter and replacement for Danks.

I haven't checked fangraphs since a couple of starts ago, but his velocity was off by at least 2 MPH from 2011.

89.6 to 91.6

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
JDINAA

"John Danks is the best 0-8 pitcher I have ever seen"

He was pitching decent then....right now he is pitching like complete trash

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
LOL.

Looking back, maybe it would have been the better move to have Santiago in the starting rotation as the 5th starter and replacement for Danks.

I haven't checked fangraphs since a couple of starts ago, but his velocity was off by at least 2 MPH from 2011.

Still down about 2 mph

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
This Danks contract is going to wind up a bad one. The dude sucks.

It's early enough that the Yanks might grab it

Jesus. The United States didn't get screwed as much with Solyndra as we did with Danks. What were we thinking?? Two years of a mediocre record and ERA and then a crap year with an ERA in the mid fours, and we give him $12 million?!?! When he was "good", he was middle of the rotation quality at best and last year he was lower part of the rotation. I can't believe we paid so much Jon Garland, Part Deuce.

I'm not going to ignore the several years of being a pretty good pitcher for Danks...but it's looking a little bit like he'll just never be consistent enough to be acelike. The contract will probably be a bit of an overpayment, when we thought it could have been under market value.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 4, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
It's early enough that the Yanks might grab it

Great, we're in Adam Dunn territory from last year with Danks now. Danks was pretty awful last year, so it's not like teams are going to be overly optimistic he's ever going to be more than a very expensive 3/4

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 4, 2012 -> 02:04 AM)
Jesus. The United States didn't get screwed as much with Solyndra as we did with Danks. What were we thinking?? Two years of a mediocre record and ERA and then a crap year with an ERA in the mid fours, and we give him $12 million?!?! When he was "good", he was middle of the rotation quality at best and last year he was lower part of the rotation. I can't believe we paid so much Jon Garland, Part Deuce.

Curse of 2008 with Alexei, Quentin, Gavin and Danks

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
aka, not trading for Danks, or Rios, or Peavy, or Dunn.

I wonder if they'd be interested in Thornton if Rivera is out (not as their closer, but to help as set-up man)

If Danks can just do what he's done for the past few years it won't be BAD in the way we thought the Dunn one would be. I don't see a reason to believe he'll regress other than his poor start this year. Danks has just never been consistent enough.

Thatta boy Gordon

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 3, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)

Must everything be about politics? By mentioning something like that in a game thread, what is the goal or objective?