GT: White Sox @ Tigers

Hilarious. It's like Detroit played with the Sox knowing it'd win late.

Here come the L's baby. Loss after loss will be coming.

Thornton ... what a fail there.

I was all for leaving him in. And BAM.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:57 AM)
I didnt realize we traded Addison Reed

Shame on Kenny for not forcing him into the closer spot. Every decision this organization made during Spring Training has been the wrong one.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Shame on Kenny for not forcing him into the closer spot. Every decision this organization made during Spring Training has been the wrong one.

Well you can trade Thornton and send down Santiago to help Robin out if you wanted.

Why in God's name is RV so scared to use Addison Reed as a closer? EVERYONE seems to think that should be the case, yet...we're doing 2011 again all over. MT has proven his worth in the closing role before.

Shame on Kenny for not starting Chris Sale in the minors when we're all in.

Shame on Kenny for not bringing in a bonafide closer to a rebuilding team so that we would not be a rebuilding team.

If we were going to win this year, someone who hadn't been a closer was going to have to close. That's just how it goes sometimes, the Rays do it every year.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:57 AM)
Where are all the guys wanting Thornton to be the closer.............he f***ing blows in the 9th inning .....................he is and always will be a 8th inning set-up guy.

SOS as last year losing games in the 9th again! Peavy screwed 2 times in 6 days.

Me. Me. I was one of them.

I thought he had nasty stuff this year and deserved another chance.

Matt wet the bed.

Team dysfunction. Appreciate the game? Yeah I'll admit it was a very good game. Way better one for Detroit, though.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:59 AM)
Why in God's name is RV so scared to use Addison Reed as a closer? EVERYONE seems to think that should be the case, yet...we're doing 2011 again all over. MT has proven his worth in the closing role before.

I really worry that Ventura has no idea of how to use his personnel.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 4, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)

I can only guess that they think he's not mentally ready yet and they don't want to ruin him. IDK.

Now the only question is whether 2-8 becomes 5-19 and the full rebuilding/trade all assets talk begins again.

Can't imagine things being much worse this year, but without a closer, just like what happened in early 2011, the whole season can come undone quite quickly.

The Marlins are learning the same lesson with Heath Bell, only they're giving him $27 million to learn it the hard way.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
I can't believe that just happened

I can.

How many times do the Sox blow games?

That's why last night I thought maybe oh maybe it'd be nice to storm back from a 4-run deficit and actually win.

Nah. Sox don't do that.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:59 AM)
Shame on Kenny for not starting Chris Sale in the minors when we're all in.

Shame on Kenny for not bringing in a bonafide closer to a rebuilding team so that we would not be a rebuilding team.

If we were going to win this year, someone who hadn't been a closer was going to have to close. That's just how it goes sometimes, the Rays do it every year.

Matt Thornton is not a closer...this isn't exactly breaking news. The decision to make Santiago the closer out of ST was just beyond stupid, and there's a reason that virtually every baseball expert suggested Reed should be the closer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)
Now the only question is whether 2-8 becomes 5-19 and the full rebuilding/trade all assets talk begins again.

It should be happening regardless of how next 10 games go.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 5, 2012 -> 01:59 AM)
It sure would be nice for the White Sox to have a walk off every once in a while instead of getting walked off.

Amen.

Instead the Sox play at home like zombies for the most part.