5/5/12 Sox vs Cats 3:05 CT

Jake

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
What's the alternative?

You can rebuild but do it a little bit at a time while also staying competitive. Its possible to do both. Instead of possibly being a complete laughing stock of the league for 5-10 years.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
You can rebuild but do it a little bit at a time while also staying competitive. Its possible to do both. Instead of possibly being a complete laughing stock of the league for 5-10 years.

I don't think it is possible to do both. Certainly not in the situation the Sox are currently in.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
I don't think it is possible to do both. Certainly not in the situation the Sox are currently in.

It is possible...the question is do we have the right man to do it? I dont think anyone on this board wants to wait until 2018-2020 before this team jumps back into the division battle again.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Rios average continuing to take a nose-dive down below .280.

5 for his last 36.

He's been a carbon-copy of last season for the last 9 games.

They started to catch on that he was going the opposite field so much and started pitching him like a push hitter. He responded by pulling everything weakly like he did last year.

5 for his last 36.

He's been a carbon-copy of last season the last 9 games.

Do you watch the games, or just look at stats? He's crushed some balls.

5 for his last 36.

He's been a carbon-copy of last season the last 9 games.

We only got about 25% of the team's estimated value, or 15% of a billion dollars, tied up with Peavy, Danks, Rios and Dunn.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
We only got about 25% of the team's value, or 15% of a billion dollars, tied up with Peavy, Danks, Rios and Dunn.

Yet you're crying that Peavy will be gone after this season. Pick a side and stay there. The way you flip flop, you should change your screen name to Mitt Romney.

Edited by Dick Allen

That throw wasn't good, but Paulie looked like s***. That idiot McCarver acting like no one could stay on the base, but I'd imagine someone with any flexibility in their legs/tall guy could have stayed on there. Oh well, sets up DP

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
Do you watch the games, or just look at stats? He's crushed some balls.

I watch every game. Beginning to end. He's 5/36 with a bunch of groundballs to the left side and harmless flyballs/pop-ups to the right side and center.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
I watch every game. Beginning to end. He's 5/36 with a bunch of groundballs to the left side and harmless flyballs/pop-ups to the right side and center.

I think even Rios' biggest supporters were taking a wait and see approach with his earlier success. We will see what happens. He at least looks halfway interested this season.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)

I haven't noticed a bunch of hard outs for Rios, granted I don't keep a running tally of the quality of his outs. It's just 36 at bats though, we don't have to lose our minds just yet.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Yet you're crying that Peavy will be gone after this season. Pick a side and stay there. The way you flip flop, you should change your screen name to Mitt Romney.

Nope, only that we didn't see this version of Jake Peavy when we really needed him, in 2010 and 2011.

I did have a side for months and months and months. I was willing to wait and be optimistic about Williams. No more.

Just like with politicians, changing circumstances cause one to change one's perspective. Continuing the same approach, whether it's the war in Afghanistan or solving the nation's economics problems, will end up in a President losing re-election. Just like voters care more about the economy, unemployment, their futures and gas prices, White Sox fans no longer care about what KW did in 2005. They don't care that George Bush is largely responsible for the economic conditions Obama inherited. That's life.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
I hate Chris Perez. Have since he was a Cardinal.

I was at the game Thursday sitting in the front row in back of the Cleveland dugout. When Rios and Perez were jawing, Rios backed off as soon as Perez called him a b****. I don't know if that really means anything or not, but that's what happened.