5/5/12 Sox vs Cats 3:05 CT

Jake

You've got to be kidding me!!!!

If Brent Morel is really our 3B of the future, you don't PH Eduardo Escobar for him. You might as well send him to Charlotte tomorrow, because Eduardo Escobar's minor league OPS wasn't even in the same zip code as Andy Gonzalez.

If it's Dan Johnson, fine. I can live with that, just to keep our team somewhat competitive this year.

Escobar has even LESS of a chance than Morel, sad to say. Heck, Esteban Beltre was an offensive force compared to him.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
You've got to be kidding me!!!!

If Brent Morel is really our 3B of the future, you don't PH Eduardo Escobar for him. You might as well send him to Charlotte tomorrow, because Eduardo Escobar's minor league OPS wasn't even in the same zip code as Andy Gonzalez.

If it's Dan Johnson, fine. I can live with that, just to keep our team somewhat competitive this year.

Who else was he suppose to bench Morel for? Is Robin going to bat?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
Paulie makes it a game.

Gaving has looked good since giving up those runs.

He looked good AS he was giving up those runs. Gavin has been on point all game. It could very easily be a 1-0 Sox lead right now, but the Tigers got some stupid luck for a whole inning and got some cheap runs.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
Who else was he suppose to bench Morel for? Is Robin going to bat?

Send BOTH of those guys to Charlotte if Morel is THAT bad.

Might as well play Dallas McPherson or Conor Jackson. Seems that Morel's shaky confidence has already been destroyed, regardless.

And we can no longer call Fukudome the best bargain of the off-season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
If Eduardo Escobar is pinch hitting for you with the game on the line and its not a bunting situation, you must really suck.

Yep. Even if Morel is benched/replaced, all the alternatives suck as well. I can't even feign outrage in such a situation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)

Might as well play Dallas McPherson or Conor Jackson. Seems that Morel's shaky confidence has already been destroyed, regardless.

I have no problem with that actually. I think thats whats going to happen.

This Scherzer (sp?) character was mouthig off about how he was going to fix all his pitching problems today and win. Well, it looks like he might just have done that, the Soixjust can't do anything right lately

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)

You would play Conor Jackson at 3rd? Lol, ok.

I can't stand watching Benoit pitch.

Also, has Kosuke ever spent much time as a bench player? Trying to see if that's the problem, just sample size, or something else.

I personally would rather see Escobar get hacks over Morel, but his ceiling is of course even lower than Morel's. Morel just has had a ton of time and has shown without a doubt that he is not a major league player through 200+ games. Escobar is more deserving of 30 games rather than another 30 for Morel. I don't mind calling up McPherson, though I'd prefer Jackson if he was hitting at all in AAA

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
This Scherzer (sp?) character was mouthig off about how he was going to fix all his pitching problems today and win. Well, it looks like he might just have done that, the Soixjust can't do anything right lately

He was really going out on a limp considering the team opposing him today.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
I can't stand watching Benoit pitch.

Also, has Kosuke ever spent much time as a bench player? Trying to see if that's the problem, just sample size, or something else.

I personally would rather see Escobar get hacks over Morel, but his ceiling is of course even lower than Morel's. Morel just has had a ton of time and has shown without a doubt that he is not a major league player through 200+ games. Escobar is more deserving of 30 games rather than another 30 for Morel. I don't mind calling up McPherson, though I'd prefer Jackson if he was hitting at all in AAA

He's hit a few balls hard that had they been hits, his average would be OK. He's drawn some walks, but he's never really had the role he has now. He'll have to adjust because it looks like its his role if he wants to remain in MLB. Still a good signing.