5/5 games

danman31

Dan Johnson continuing to rake, his 6th homer. (I'm not 100% sure, it seems like he had another one in a game that was suspended or wiped out by weather or was this the continuation of that game?)

He's the best current candidate at Charlotte for promotion to take the spot of Escobar or Morel on the roster. Golson, Phegley and Jordan Danks are also going good.

Leesman pitching pretty well this season.

Jared Mitchell with his 6th triple of the season, and 23rd/24th RBI's. Barons getting pounded, though. Saladino back at SS in this game.

http://www.milb.com/gameday/index.jsp?gid=...jaxaax_biraax_1

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
Dan Johnson continuing to rake, his 6th homer. (I'm not 100% sure, it seems like he had another one in a game that was suspended or wiped out by weather or was this the continuation of that game?)

He's the best current candidate at Charlotte for promotion to take the spot of Escobar or Morel on the roster. Golson, Phegley and Jordan Danks are also going good.

Leesman pitching pretty well this season.

Jared Mitchell with his 6th triple of the season, and 23rd/24th RBI's. Barons getting pounded, though. Saladino back at SS in this game.

http://www.milb.com/gameday/index.jsp?gid=...jaxaax_biraax_1

Where do you get these ideas?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 5, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Where do you get these ideas?

The fact that we have to be in "win now" mode while we're still in the race, Sale is now in the bullpen and simply the fact that Ventura pinch-hit Esobar for Morel. Let's just call it intuition.

At most, Morel has 2 more weeks at this current pace of striking out and not hitting for extra bases.

That and the fact our bench has been among the worst in the majors in production, except for Brent's stolen bases.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
The fact that we have to be in "win now" mode while we're still in the race, Sale is now in the bullpen and simply the fact that Ventura pinch-hit Esobar for Morel. Let's just call it intuition.

At most, Morel has 2 more weeks at this current pace of striking out and not hitting for extra bases.

That and the fact our bench has been among the worst in the majors in production, except for Brent's stolen bases.

I thought this was a rebuilding year, growing pains and all. Your imagination is amazing, I give up...

scanners4.gif

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 5, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
I thought this was a rebuilding year, growing pains and all. Your imagination is amazing, I give up...

scanners4.gif

But Williams couldn’t find any trading partners and he certainly wasn’t getting a good return price, so he’ll start the season with a mostly veteran-laden team and see what they can do. It’s not likely that the White Sox will win the division, but stranger things have happened. It’s not always the team that is picked to win the division that actually does. Just look at last season when the White Sox were the prohibitive favorite only to fall flat on their faces.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/27/sch...now-rebuilding/

He's trying to rebuild and compete at the same time. Nearly impossible, sure. But what other choice does he have? You can't have Brent Morel striking out 30+ times and being in the bottom 5 of MLB OPS without at least considering other alternatives besides sticking him out there everyday. Don't you? Trying to play him through a slump didn't work at all with Rios and Dunn last year, so we have the (multiple) option/s to send him down and try a different way to rebuild his confidence.

There's got to be some objective truth between Balta's and Marty34's standpoint on this issue, it's a grey or nuanced area in the middle which is very hard to straddle without making fans/season ticket holders on one side of the equation or the other unhappy.

Mitchell with 8 strikeouts in his last 15 ABs. Yikes.

Anyone know what is the dimension of Kanny ball park? Kevan Smith hasn't displayed the type of power as expected of a power hitter, and I am still waiting for a game where he simply explodes, like last year.

FWIW JPN, my theory wasn't completely far-fetched after all.

It might be a "development year," but Morel's been assigned to the bench two games in a row for Lillibridge.

You'd have to agree that the odds of Brent playing tmrw would be pretty low if Lilly has a great performance in Game 1. Guess the real test of the theory would be if Morel is bench for three consecutive games and sits both games of a day/night DH.