Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
I'm all for the Sox not attempting to bunt runners from 2nd to 3rd anymore...I hated it when they did it Saturday in the 9th inning as well...playing for the tie on the road...didn't end up mattering because of the Donkey homer, but I didn't like nevertheless.

I think they give the hitter the option to either bunt or hit the ball to the right side to get the runner over, whatever the hitter is most comfortable doing.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
I think they give the hitter the option to either bunt or hit the ball to the right side to get the runner over, whatever the hitter is most comfortable doing.

I agree with you on Lilli's bunt attempt today. It was the call on Saturday though...with this team, we need all the outs we can get, and playing for one in the American league is gonna get you beat. Not to mention playing for a tie in Detroit in the ninth with our bullpen in the state that it's in.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
So nice to have a leadoff hitter that can actually get an extra-base hit

Double there got his OBP up above .350 and his OPS above .800, both quite nice places.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
No way, it's a DH so everyone's going to start today probably.

If he produces, I think we see more of Fukudome at the expense of Viciedo for the time being. Viciedo has not hit RH'ers.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
I agree with you on Lilli's bunt attempt today. It was the call on Saturday though...with this team, we need all the outs we can get, and playing for one in the American league is gonna get you beat. Not to mention playing for a tie in Detroit in the ninth with our bullpen in the state that it's in.

I hear ya.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
If he produces, I think we see more of Fukudome at the expense of Viciedo for the time being. Viciedo has not hit RH'ers.

Fukudome, of course, is 5/27 against RHP.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
Hawk says he has smoked everything right at someone.

That's what some on here say about Rios and his 6/40 he has going...Fukudome has hit the ball way harder than Rios has over the past couple of weeks IMHO...and he constantly has good AB's. In a lot less chances of course.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 7, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Amazing how the indians were struggling to hit homers and the Sox righted that wrong from them last week.

Sox right alot of teams wrongs it seems like.