Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
Is there really an improvement to this team if Lillibridge replaces Morel?

Well at least you're playing a guy who you don't know if he's bad with 100s of consecutive at bats instead of a guy who certainly is bad with full time at bats.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
Is there really an improvement to this team if Lillibridge replaces Morel?

The small amount you might gain offensively with a little more speed, you lose defensively. Its a wash at best. The Sox have to see if Morel can play everyday. They know Lillibridge cannot.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
The small amount you might gain offensively with a little more speed, you lose defensively. Its a wash at best. The Sox have to see if Morel can play everyday. They know Lillibridge cannot.

Humber hit parade continues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)

It would be nice to use Lillibridge against LHP more. The way he's been used this year is just ridiculous, in my opinion. Hell, platoon him with De Aza.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
Might be wise to consider moving De Aza down in the order and Beckham up.

You mean the combo of Lillibridge vs RHP or Alexei in the 2nd spot doesn't excite you? If Fukudome is playing, he should be batting 2nd. It seems Ventura is too concerned though about not grouping the lefties together.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)

Umm....what evidence is there to suggest Morel can play everyday except for a stretch of 6 weeks against mostly rookie pitchers?

Neither option is good, but Lillibridge gives you speed and some pop. Morel good but far from "great" defense overall.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
the f***?

I think his intent is for de Aza to bat with men on. I don't necessarily agree, but I believe that was the point

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
It would be nice to use Lillibridge against LHP more. The way he's been used this year is just ridiculous, in my opinion. Hell, platoon him with De Aza.

He did hit a lot of homers last year, but Lillibridge has never done anything else but strikeout a ton. I really don't understand the fascination with him. If Gordon Beckham put up the same numbers, people would be calling for his head even more than they do now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Umm....what evidence is there to suggest Morel can play everyday except for a stretch of 6 weeks against mostly rookie pitchers?

Solid success in the minor leagues at every level despite being pushed upward very aggressively?