Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
You typically see weird lineups like this during a DH. It is pretty obvious though this team needs another lefty bat though.

Yeah, I get that, you can't play AJ both games.

But after the way we lost the first game, there sure doesn't seem to be much priority placed on not getting swept here.

The Molina appearance might be more closely-followed than Stults' performance.

Well, for sure one poster will be concentrating on it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
We have 6 of 9 hitters in the lineup batting .214 or lower tonight. I don't know if I've ever seen that before this late in the season.

And/or it's indicative of having the worst bench in the history of modern AL play, minus Lilly's stolen bases, nothing at all to like except for a few Fukudome walks and a Tyler Flowers solo homer against DET (his only hit out of almost 20 AB's).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
And/or it's indicative of having the worst bench in the history of modern AL play, minus Lilly's stolen bases, nothing at all to like except for a few Fukudome walks and a Tyler Flowers solo homer against DET (his only hit out of almost 20 AB's).

When was the last time we had a competent bench?

Flowers is 0-8 with 5K vs RHP this year. When AJP is brought back this offseason, Flowers has no one to blame but himself, as he never made any adjustments to what MLB pitchers are doing against him. Just like with Morel, there has to be serious doubts as to whether or not he's capable of starting in the majors.

Edited by fathom