Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
It hasn't been a good few months for Texas in that aspect, best of luck I hope they're ok.

And tarp on the field. We're in rain dealy?

Wasn't there a game vs Minny couple years ago when they suspeded it and we had to play it at the Cell with Twins being the home team ?

No it hasnt been a good lately in Texas. Thanks man they are ok I just called them. Dad is pretty upset though. He just had to replace both A/C units. Now half the top of the house is in the driveway.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
What do you mean? This game will end after 7 1/3 innings, and the Sox lose 2-1. The boxscore and the final score will stand.

I thought it reverts to the last fully completed half-inning?

It would be the perfect ending to this game if it's called with runners on 1st and 2nd and one out.

At least we're denied the pain and angst of another failure with RISP.

BTW, Pujols at .193, 0/2 with his 8th RBI.

Liriano's ERA is nearly 10. Talk about not trading an asset when he had some value, there's the definition. And no, he doesn't have to be in the bullpen to have absolutely no value.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
So if the Sox fall to 13-17 tonight, I pose this question...

Will the Sox ever see .500 again this season?

No, and for the love of Sale, please let them tank now instead of after the deadline (if they're going to fall completely out of it). No more baseball purgatory.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
So if the Sox fall to 13-17 tonight, I pose this question...

Will the Sox ever see .500 again this season?

Pitching side maybe...............hitting side forget about it!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
No, and for the love of Sale, please let them tank now instead of after the deadline (if they're going to fall completely out of it). No more baseball purgatory.

I agree. No teases. No hope. Just get it over with. Make trades. And hopefully Kenny moves on after the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)

Hear hear.

Since pitching his perfect game on April 21, Humber has allowed 20 runs on 21 hits in 13 1/3 innings.

Start 6-3, lose 19 for 24 to fall to 11-22.

Start 10-6, lose 11 of 14 to fall to 13-17. And no end to the fall in sight, other than Jake Peavy being the stopper, and you wonder how long that can last. Or how long Danks can pitch like Barry Zito, Jr.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
I really have no clue why they couldn't pick up from this spot tomorrow before the scheduled game...this has been done before no???

I wish

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
What sucks is there was no reason for this game to be a day/night DH. The 2nd game should have started 1/2 hour after the first one ended.

Lol, you haven't paid attention to baseball in 15 years have you?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
What sucks is there was no reason for this game to be a day/night DH. The 2nd game should have started 1/2 hour after the first one ended.

The grim hope that they could get some extra revenue for a white-hot first place team saddled with the worst attendance in the major leagues.

If not for the Indians' abysmal attendance, the White Sox would be sitting in last.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)

For crappy-drawing teams like the Indians, especially in April and May, you'd think they would do that.

Good teams, I get why they do day/night.

That said, if this was a straight doubleheader, it would have started at 3 or 4 central, and we'd be in the same place anyway.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Rongey is taking some great calls.

Has he lost his cool a little yet? I'm waiting for it over the last 2-3 years, but he's done a pretty good job of not blowing up.

Just smothering calls with "always get the last word in" smarmy smirkiness and condescending attitude.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Lol, you haven't paid attention to baseball in 15 years have you?

Just wishful thinking...wanted to see how many smart-ass responses I would get...my only entertainment right now.