Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Walk the bases loaded, set up the DP possibility.

Hope and pray Thornton doesn't walk in the run.

There was already a man on first?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Walk Duncan to set up force at home against someone who isn't known to just demolish fastballs.

I don't know how I would have felt about putting the put-away run on second on purpose.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 02:54 AM)
Walk the bases loaded, set up the DP possibility.

Hope and pray Thornton doesn't walk in the run.

If you didn't know it, you would think the last 2 weeks that Ozzie Guillen was managing our bullpen, except he was intentionally mismanaging so as to lose games and get out of town ASAP.

Hey, those are fighting words.

You can b**** at Robin for not intentionally walking the bases loaded, but Thornton needs to f***ing pitch. These are problems that are only had by bad pitchers. Thornton has done great against righties throughout his career. The legend of Shelley Duncan's fastball hitting may live on, but Josh Fields would have hit that pitch down the middle. MT needs to just pitch better.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
There was already a man on first?

Still would have been a lot more logical than what they ended up doing.

We had better odds to get out of the inning that way than to score a run against Chris Perez. You risk the big blowout inning for the possibility of keeping it tied.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 8, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
You can b**** at Robin for not intentionally walking the bases loaded, but Thornton needs to f***ing pitch. These are problems that are only had by bad pitchers. Thornton has done great against righties throughout his career. The legend of Shelley Duncan's fastball hitting may live on, but Josh Fields would have hit that pitch down the middle. MT needs to just pitch better.

Then you bring in Reed to face him. This is the third time in a week now where Ventura completely botched the pitching match-up in a big situation, and the result was exactly what you'd expect.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Ventura can stay, but it's painful seeing some of these "learning experiences" unfold.

What did you think was going to happen? He was going to read your mind every second and change the pitching when you want it changed?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Damn it! I thought he had all of that. Damn this weather.

Would have been out in the 1st game.

The ball was carrying really well then. Lillibridge hit one that completely fooled Sanders in CF it carried so well and he had to make a circus recovery.

6/31 for Lillibridge.

Everything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong at this point. You just had to have a feeling the Sale announcement was going to torch any hope of competing this season and the self-induced prophecy is happening right before our eyes.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2012 -> 04:01 AM)
What did you think was going to happen? He was going to read your mind every second and change the pitching when you want it changed?

I'd like for him to start making some decisions that have some resemblance of making sense. With Sale available today, it's inexcusable that he didn't bring in Reed.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
I'd like for him to start making some decisions that have some resemblance of making sense. With Sale available today, it's inexcusable that he didn't bring in Reed.

Well I think he could give a rats *** if they make sense to you. If he is happy with the decision so be it.

Edited by Baron