Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 8, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Sox scored in 2 innings, only problem Cleveland scored at the bottom of both those innings. Way to hold them down this is pathectic.

Definitely a "game of inches" tonight.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2012 -> 04:09 AM)
Thank you Matt for once again crapping the bed. I cant wait until your off the payroll.

Still want to know why De Aza was literally playing 385 feet away for Cabrera. Did he think Bonds in his prime was up? Once that flare dropped, it was the beginning of the end.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Baron @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Thank you Matt for once again crapping the bed. I cant wait until your off the payroll.

I hope he is gone soon, last 2 years he has cost the Sox 7 or 8 games alone.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Still want to know why De Aza was literally playing 385 feet away for Cabrera. Did he think Bonds in his prime was up? Once that flare dropped, it was the beginning of the end.

I dont know what he is thinking back there....oh well. Well these past few games have been pretty miserable.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Great performance, team! So glad I bought MLB.tv on a month to month basis, so I can cancel when I want to.

Same thing, but I did it more because the connection here in China is very spotty unless it's from 2 am - 7 am in the morning...otherwise, it jumps and freezes.

MLB GameDay Audio is still the best bargain in the world if you live outside the US.

Got an e-mail saying they were "refunding" my purchase price of $24.95 (for "premium") in a future credit card statement.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
I just don't understand why he can't develop a f***ing changeup

Not even a change, he just needs to be able to throw a consistent enough slider that he can keep hitters off his fastball.

And have the confidence to occasionally use it when behind in the count.

But it's not like in his mid 30's he's going to be able to do that, or Cooper already would have taught him and he'd be one of the best relievers in modern baseball history from the LH side.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Not even a change, he just needs to be able to throw a consistent enough slider that he can keep hitters off his fastball.

And have the confidence to occasionally use it when behind in the count.

But it's not like in his mid 30's he's going to be able to do that, or Cooper already would have taught him and he'd be one of the best relievers in modern baseball history from the LH side.

Don't forget how good he's been for so long with a 1 pitch repertoire. He just needs to throw it in the right place.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

The more games he has like this, the harder it gets to 1) get anything of value in return or 2) start preparing for the fact that we'd have to eat a bit of that $12 million still owed (well, after one month, it's closer to $11 million).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 02:59 AM)
Sorry the Royals are losing another home game again, lol.

They seem to ONLY be able to beat the Yankees.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 03:02 AM)
Would have been out in the 1st game.

The ball was carrying really well then. Lillibridge hit one that completely fooled Sanders in CF it carried so well and he had to make a circus recovery.

6/31 for Lillibridge.

Everything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong at this point. You just had to have a feeling the Sale announcement was going to torch any hope of competing this season and the self-induced prophecy is happening right before our eyes.

1.) The only reason I want KC to win is for this area. Otherwise I could give a s*** about the Royals. WHen the Sox play KC I want the Sox to win every game, always have.

2.) I agree on the Sale thing. That will forever be my "turning point" for this season since Sox fans always cite turning points.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
and some of you guys want a total rebuild. You think this year is fun. Just wait until we dont have much to look forward to.

What exactly is there to look forward to now? The organization is not in a good spot at all. A rebuild is getting more and more inevitable.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2012 -> 04:15 AM)
and some of you guys want a total rebuild. You think this year is fun. Just wait until we dont have much to look forward to.

I'm fine with that, as long as it's an organizational-wide effort (ie: Cubs under Theo). None of the bulls*** trying to compete on the field while rebuilding at the same time. All that's done is give us a mediocre big league team and a terrible farm system.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
What exactly is there to look forward to now? The organization is not in a good spot at all.

No there is not...but atleast you have some decent players in place. Just wait until your the laughing stock of the league for 5-10 years. Boy thats going to be really fun. Hell most of the people wont even be on here anymore and they shouldnt be. I wouldnt watch that garbage.

Edited by Baron