Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Yep, I like Humber, but he's been really bad outside of the perfect game. He's pitched well with RISP in most games...if not, his ERA could be in Danks territory.

At least two of these games in non-ideal weather...have to wonder if the Texas kid just doesn't like bad weather. The last cold weather game looked a lot like a guy pitching with cold hands, as he couldn't get his curve over. The curve is the worst to throw when you can't feel your fingers just right.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
This is looking pretty s***ty right now. I feel bad for Phil.

At least he has the joy of a new baby. There's that. And you can't ever take the perfect game away from him.

On the negative side, we're in danger of a disastrous 3-10 streak and only 2-9 more from equaling the horrendous stretch last year that completely knocked us out of the race at about the same time of the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Yep, I like Humber, but he's been really bad outside of the perfect game. He's pitched well with RISP in most games...if not, his ERA could be in Danks territory.

It's already nearing Danks territory now. 4.62 coming in...and now 3 runs allowed in two innings. Gotta be pushing 5.50 or something. Don't have the up to the minute stats in front of me.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)

Coming in to today this season, with RISP, batters are hitting .300 off of Humber with a 1.181 OPS.

Goes up to .393 and 1.349 if you count "Any runners on base".

Methinks he's having trouble from the stretch.

So much for the hot April Fukudome.

It's now May, and there's no reason to be constantly benching Viciedo when McAllister is actually much more effective against LHP.

Nice to know Ozzie's trend of not benching Rios is being continued by Ventura.

5th double of the year for Gordon Beckham. White Sox 10th in the AL in runs scored, still first in strikeouts. And in another positive sign for Gordon, it was on a fastball.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 06:14 PM)
Coming in to today this season, with RISP, batters are hitting .300 off of Humber with a 1.181 OPS.

Goes up to .393 and 1.349 if you count "Any runners on base".

Methinks he's having trouble from the stretch.

How many opportunities have there been in the non-perfect game start?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
That's a lot, you'd have to believe

If I discount the perfect game...

When no one is on base, coming in to today, Batters are only hitting .181 against Humber with a .279 OBP.

Those numbers obviously improve significantly if you add in 27 additional outs.