Jake

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
You guys need to settle down. Chris Sale is a very good pitcher, I can't see why you'd ever be mad having him come in a tight situation against a lefty heavy lineup

Because he's a starter right now and he's also INJURED!

QUOTE (Jake @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
You guys need to settle down. Chris Sale is a very good pitcher, I can't see why you'd ever be mad having him come in a tight situation against a lefty heavy lineup

I have no problem going to Sale in this situation. What I'm pissed about is the fact that he's coming out of the bullpen at all. And we have that Addison Reed guy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
I'm assuming Robin went with Sale to get the 2 inning save because he's obviously a former starter and is about as fresh as he can be, so why not go to him early to get him some extra work too?

I don't f***ing know.

Then you let him start the inning if you're willing to have him pitch 2 innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
Amazing what happens when you don't throw Duncan a fastball. Big out here against Choo.

Which is why reed should have been in the game yesterday. I am not sure why other teams will over use their pen yet all we hear is how overworked the sox pen is. If Stewart and Jones are not going to be used send them down.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)

If his elbow was sore he should be on the DL. That was my opinion. Nothing against Chris Sale at all, who is a very good pitcher

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Then you let him start the inning if you're willing to have him pitch 2 innings.

Trying to get the CG shutout for Danks screwed Ventura there. He should have left well enough alone and not pushed him and taken him out of the game with only good thoughts to rest upon.

Now he doesn't even have a Win to show for that effort.

Danks already had mid 90's in terms of pitch count, did we really want to put him in the 115-125 range to get a CG with how shaky he's been this season?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 8, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Which is why reed should have been in the game yesterday. I am not sure why other teams will over use their pen yet all we hear is how overworked the sox pen is. If Stewart and Jones are not going to be used send them down.

Sox pen had the fewest or second fewest innings in the AL coming into the DHer yesterday.

That Quintana effort might have bumped us out of 1st, not sure.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Trying to get the CG shutout for Danks screwed Ventura there. He should have left well enough alone and not pushed him and taken him out of the game with only good thoughts to rest upon.

Now he doesn't even have a Win to show for that effort.

Danks already had mid 90's in terms of pitch count, did we really want to put him in the 115-125 range to get a CG with how shaky he's been this season?

After that 7th inning DP scorcher, you pull the damn guy and use your f*cking bullpen. Ventura/Copper deserve this loss.