5/8/12 Sox vs Tribe IT STOPS TONIGHT

Jake

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Trying to get the CG shutout for Danks screwed Ventura there. He should have left well enough alone and not pushed him and taken him out of the game with only good thoughts to rest upon.

Now he doesn't even have a Win to show for that effort.

Danks already had mid 90's in terms of pitch count, did we really want to put him in the 115-125 range to get a CG with how shaky he's been this season?

It's a double-edged sword. Yeah, he's struggled a lot lately, but he's also supposed to be your staff ace.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
Gordon Beckham, Brent Morel, Eduardo Escobar, and Tyler Flowers do not belong on a major league team. When 16% of your team doesn't even belong, you're in for a long season.

Hector Santiago and Zach Stewart hate you for leaving them out of this. Beckham can stay in the majors for now.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ May 8, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Gordon Beckham, Brent Morel, Eduardo Escobar, and Tyler Flowers do not belong on a major league team. When 16% of your team doesn't even belong, you're in for a long season.

I bet you can do the same exercise with every team in the central.

I've seen the logic in many of Robin's moves that haven't worked...but I'm shocked that Hector Santiago is getting loose. I really thought we were just going to carry him in case of blowouts until Crain came back.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:33 AM)
After that 7th inning DP scorcher, you pull the damn guy and use your f*cking bullpen. Ventura/Copper deserve this loss.

And Ventura's only going to use Sale for one inning. Just please DL him!!

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2012 -> 07:33 PM)
I dont see Texas being able to keep him.

With their new media/tv deal down there, ANYTHING is possible for the Rangers, seemingly.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him somehow. The only big concern they have right now seems to be Nelson Cruz's hangover from missing that play which would have ended the Series. He's struggling big-time out of the gate.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Trying to get the CG shutout for Danks screwed Ventura there. He should have left well enough alone and not pushed him and taken him out of the game with only good thoughts to rest upon.

Danks already had mid 90's in terms of pitch count, did we really want to put him in the 115-125 range to get a CG with how shaky he's been this season?

Danks is a whole other state of issues when it comes to stamina he HD a nice game after 7 consider yourself lucky and pull him Ventura not learning from mistakes.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
And Ventura's only going to use Sale for one inning. Just please DL him!!

I think 26 pitches was supposed to be 2 innings...the not going two innings has more to do with Chris than Robin. You never know, Reed could get another save now!

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
You can see it coming for miles. It's actually funny.

It is funny. Now that I've given up on the team it's much easier to take and just laugh at the ineptitude of this team the last 2 seasons and six weeks.

Here comes the walkoff. Suddenly the Indians own the White Sox. Way to blow a late three-run lead, White Sox.

Here come da walkoff.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
I've seen the logic in many of Robin's moves that haven't worked...but I'm shocked that Hector Santiago is getting loose. I really thought we were just going to carry him in case of blowouts until Crain came back.

Ironic thing is I seem to be the only person who thought many of Ventura's previous managerial decisions were worse than tonight. Sale just couldn't put Damon away, and that opened the inning up big time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Hector Santiago and Zach Stewart hate you for leaving them out of this. Beckham can stay in the majors for now.

Good catch. So that's 24% of the team. I'm over Beckham.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:31 AM)

Common occurence and complaint. He seems to like to go just a bit too long with the starter