Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
The mind is the first thing to go when you get old...

:lol:

By "this decade", I actually meant my 50-to-59 years old decade.

If I can get in any kind of playing shape, I may lobby to play a game with one of you guys. Most of my friends are dropping out of the game, too, so finding a team willing to take a charity case for a night might be tough.

Rolled my ankle on Sat playing basketball, didn't sprain since I play with braces but just tweaked it. Was going to sit out today but team needs me. Lots of guys out of town, so this should be fun.

There is pain but got swelling down and walking normally. It's my left foot so I'm tentative to plant it when I swing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 05:38 AM)
Rolled my ankle on Sat playing basketball, didn't sprain since I play with braces but just tweaked it. Was going to sit out today but team needs me. Lots of guys out of town, so this should be fun.

There is pain but got swelling down and walking normally. It's my left foot so I'm tentative to plant it when I swing.

Wrap that thing tight

Not softball-related, but something kind of unbelievable for me. A buddy of mine just told me about this 40-and-over Friday night rat floor hockey thing he does and I think I'm actually going to get back on the floor. I NEVER thought I'd actually play any kind of hockey again, but I am starting to get the itch back. I'm even going to.....(my fingers are not letting me type this).....I'm going to.....to.....join a gym to try to get in some sort of playing shape!

:o :o :o :o :o

So we won 21-1 yesterday, but had a little incident with the opposing pitcher. One of our players stands behind the batters box before the pitch, and runs up on the ball when it is pitched. I have played with him for 8 years now, it has never been complained about before. The pitcher starts saying it is illegal and saying to check the book(which the ump did, and found nothing). It completely took the pitcher out of his game an he got so irritated about it and would not stop complaining. I just found it funny that such a minor thing could bother a guy so much.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
So we won 21-1 yesterday, but had a little incident with the opposing pitcher. One of our players stands behind the batters box before the pitch, and runs up on the ball when it is pitched. I have played with him for 8 years now, it has never been complained about before. The pitcher starts saying it is illegal and saying to check the book(which the ump did, and found nothing). It completely took the pitcher out of his game an he got so irritated about it and would not stop complaining. I just found it funny that such a minor thing could bother a guy so much.

I'm pretty sure you do have to be in the batter's box. I kind of agree it is kind of bush league. Same with batter's who stand 5 feet off the plate. Gives the batter an even greater advantage.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)
I'm pretty sure you do have to be in the batter's box. I kind of agree it is kind of bush league. Same with batter's who stand 5 feet off the plate. Gives the batter an even greater advantage.

Bush league? I don't see how it is bush league. And like I said, the ump went to the office to check, and it is legal. ISA rules obviously don't mind it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)
Bush league? I don't see how it is bush league. And like I said, the ump went to the office to check, and it is legal. ISA rules obviously don't mind it

The leagues around me I play in are all ASA and the rules do stipulate that both batter's feet must be completely in the batter's box prior to the pitch.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
I despise people that get all bent out of shape about little things in softball. I want to win as much as anyone in anything I play but people b**** and complain about the dumbest things. Shut the f*** up and play the game.

Exactly. And this guy got so bent out of shape about it that he pitched like s*** for the rest of the game. In the first inning he actually was good, he fielded a few comebackers and pitched well. Once that hitter got in his head we just went off

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
I despise people that get all bent out of shape about little things in softball. I want to win as much as anyone in anything I play but people b**** and complain about the dumbest things. Shut the f*** up and play the game.

We lost in the playoffs wednesday and the other team was a huge bunch of douche bags. Plowing over girls who are trying to tag them, screaming when the ball was in the air, just being total a-holes. I'v won alot of titles in that league and it's not that hard to win with class. Apparently this team and the one they faced after us in the title game got into a fist fight over a player they thought shouldnt be eligible to play. f***ing stupid.

It's a co-ed softball league fellas, come on.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
We lost in the playoffs wednesday and the other team was a huge bunch of douche bags. Plowing over girls who are trying to tag them, screaming when the ball was in the air, just being total a-holes. I'v won alot of titles in that league and it's not that hard to win with class. Apparently this team and the one they faced after us in the title game got into a fist fight over a player they thought shouldnt be eligible to play. f***ing stupid.

It's a co-ed softball league fellas, come on.

I play first, and I made a few nice scoops and stretches in the first few innings. One I their guys hit to our third basemen and he short hopped it to me and I muffed the scoop. As the ball was coming to me, their dugout was screaming at me and one guy sarcastically screamed "scoop it scoop it yea...!" when the ball was on the way to me. It distracted me a little, their dugout was on the first base side and it was right in my ear. Regardless, it hit my glove and I should have scooped it.

The next hitter hits a low line drive to our third baseman. He makes the catch and throws behind the guy at first and doubled him off. As I caught the ball, I couldn't help it, I yelled "scoop it scoop it yea..!"

Lol, the guy called me an asshole

Umpire in our game warned the other teams catcher for faking a tag at home when our guy scored.

We only won by 20. My foot was fine until my first swing. When I planted it got aggravated. Was tough to play on but luckily we destroyed them.

• 2 weeks later...

Played in a tournament today.

We got beat badly in our first game and barely lost in the second, so we were the last seed out of 10.

We then dismantled the 7th and 2nd seeds by a combined 25 runs.

Then everybody got really tired and we gave up 13 runs in one inning in the semifinals.

Pretty good 4th place finish after starting off really badly.