Jake

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Yeah, I'm not worried about them yet. They aren't like Morel, who is hitting the lightest .180 I've ever seen. As far as Escobar goes, you might as well let someone different go up there and hack -- Eduardo isn't producing more, but at least he has a little bit of pitch selection, eliminates righty-righty advantage, and swings like he wants to hit something

How does he eliminate the R/R advantage if he can't hit, lol?

He wants to hit something, he just can't.

We had a similar player a long time ago named Esteban Beltre...although Beltre had a very good arm, but similar defense-first players. Well, I'll give him credit for hustling and forcing something to happen there.

Marlins escaping another blown save. Tied 5-5 in the bottom of the 9th.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't see how Morel is going to be able to play with a bad back. Can you imagine all the pressure on the back taking grounders and swinging as hard as he does?

Man on third nobody out. Nice.

DeAza with an 829 OPS now and going almost as good as in 2011. Along with Santos, the best move that KW has made the last 3 years, and even if Humber never recovers again from this tailspin, he was very useful the first half of last year.

Darvish will come back after a long rain delay in TEX. CJ Wilson won't return.

Former Sox farmhand Frank Franscisco gives up two runs in the bottom of the 9th for the walkoff victory to MIA.

C'mon Adam, no K here. Make contact against a LHP.

Breaks the consecutive games with a K string (hopefully). Gotten on base all four times tonight.

Jesse Crain and Santiago or Ohman to the Red Sox for Youkilis...Red Sox eat a decent-sized chunk of the contract.

Maybe that would work. The Red Sox really need middle/set-up relief help desperately. V. Padilla can't be trusted with a 3 run lead.

DeJesus just hit a GS (his first HR of the season) for the Cubs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Jesse Crain and Santiago or Ohman to the Red Sox for Youkilis...Red Sox eat a decent-sized chunk of the contract.

Maybe that would work. The Red Sox really need middle/set-up relief help desperately. V. Padilla can't be trusted with a 3 run lead.

The main way to get the BoSox to go along with something is offering salary relief for them, I'd think. Allows them flexibility to make subsequent acquisitions.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
The main way to get the BoSox to go along with something is offering salary relief for them, I'd think. Allows them flexibility to make subsequent acquisitions.

Probably have to include Morel to give them someone with a shot at beig their 3b replacement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
Probably have to include Morel to give them someone with a shot at beig their 3b replacement.

Middlebrooks is making some errors there, had a key one tonight.

But he's hitting well.

110 pitches for Floyd. Not good...bringing in Thornton here I think.

Edited by caulfield12