5/11/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
SOMETHING isn't going to be converting a 1b to third. And I wouldn't get my hopes up about Dallas either, that guy is just a hitter at this point. He couldn't hack it at third.

It is most likely Morel or bust, save a trade

Hawk said tonight that Morel's back was in much better shape today than it had been recently.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Didn't you hear we're trading for Youkilis?

Phil Rogers talked about it on Chicago Tribune Live tonite. I think Rogers believes it is a distinct possibility, lol

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
Hawk said tonight that Morel's back was in much better shape today than it had been recently.

Johnson has played more games in his major/minor league career at 3B than Lillibridge.

Just sayin'. There are no good options, seemingly.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
Isn't Youk a FA after the year?

Yep. Or maybe there's a big option for next year that's not guaranteed with a buyout like Peavy's.

If they're going to do that, they might as well go after a real impact player in David Wright, but I don't see what pieces they would have to make that work without crippling the major league roster or giving away our few remaining prospects.

It would be tempting for KW with a talent like Wright out there, but JR would have to sign off on it and you'd have to think we'd need some sort of attendance uptick.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
Greg, I've heard of state budgetary desperation, but the State of Missouri selling specialized "Jayhawks" license plates? That really takes the cake.

That will NEVER pass...insane.

They're not voting on that until late 2013.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
Hawk has been calling Escobar by the name De Aza quite a few times this year.

I think it's just because he's a lefty at the end of he lineup where there usually isn't one.

Ugh, once again Escobar showing he really doesn't belong in the major leagues at this point in his career.

And, in other news, the Marlins have blown yet another save in the early season, this time Mujica in the 8th against the Mets.

Chisek blew one in his first opportunity but the Marlins ended up winning in extra innings.

Edited by caulfield12

Alright DeAza, get ready to run again. Why not? If he gets a good read.

Should have sent Viciedo there, but oh well, DeAza's not quite the contact hitter that AJ is there.

White Sox only averaging 2 runs per game in Floyd starts, second lowest of all ALL American League starters, last year he was among the best-supported. Included in that is 2 times the White Sox offense was shut out with Gavin on the mound.

A little like John Danks from 2009-2011.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
What's the weather like tonight?

Only 19,129 in attendance. You'd have thought with 2 wins in a row, the news about Chris Sale, May's here and college students are getting out now...that we could at least manage 20,000 for a Friday home game.

most casual fans don't know anything about Chris Sale, nor would they have heard "the news" at 5 pm

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Paulino's been extremely impressive. Great command the past few innings with that fastball.

Arguably we should have at least 3 and as many as 5 runs.

On the other hand, the Royals had bases loaded and didn't score, so you feel we should be up at least one more run.

Doesn't feel like a comfortable lead at all, but Gavin's been dealing going on 4 starts in a row now.

Pretty surprising Houston and Colorado both gave up on Paulino with his stuff.

That ends the string of 9 batters in a row...let's hope this isn't one of the walls that Gavin hits where he just falls apart and gives up a crooked number. Okay, an out there after the leadoff single by Dyson.