5/11/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
What's the weather like tonight?

Only 19,129 in attendance. You'd have thought with 2 wins in a row, the news about Chris Sale, May's here and college students are getting out now...that we could at least manage 20,000 for a Friday home game.

Dynamic pricing will kill day of game sales. I don't know if they use dynamic pricing at the USCF box office, but if you want to go to tomorrows game, the worst seat in the house costs $30. Bleachers will be $48

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
Gordon Beckham is POUNDING the ball to right field right now. WOW, this is what I needed to see to believe. I'm in now on the Gordon Beckham gangbang train!

I'd prefer to join the bandwagon at some point, but not the Joe Francis gangbang train, lol.

Paulino actually was signed as a infielder, moved to OF and then became a pitcher. Sound familiar?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:21 AM)
Greg, I've heard of state budgetary desperation, but the State of Missouri selling specialized "Jayhawks" license plates? That really takes the cake.

I can't imagine people getting a license plate like that unless they want their cars destroyed in Missouri.

You think if we don't score here it will bite the Sox in the butt?

First and second nobody out?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Hawk made a great point that our best possible lineup is with Beckham batting 2nd.

And if Alex is going to hit behind Dunn/Konerko, he's going to hit with a lot of men on base.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 12, 2012 -> 03:04 AM)
Whats HOT:

Gavin Floyd

Gordon Beckham

Adam Dunn

Whats NOT:

Alexei Ramirez

AJ Pierzynski

Eduardo 'Why am I still in Chicago?' Escobar

Alexei had a good game the other day. Viciedo's had two good at bats tonight as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Alexei had a good game the other day. Viciedo's had two good at bats tonight as well.

Yeah, I'm not worried about them yet. They aren't like Morel, who is hitting the lightest .180 I've ever seen. As far as Escobar goes, you might as well let someone different go up there and hack -- Eduardo isn't producing more, but at least he has a little bit of pitch selection, eliminates righty-righty advantage, and swings like he wants to hit something