5/12/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the worst efforts of the season.

What a miserable way for the fans there to spend a Saturday evening, cept for the corned beef sandwiches at the park and the beer.

I wish pitchers would all get together and decide to blast the umpires in baseball one night. Call out the umps in the press.

Sale got squeezed in the first and it certainly didn't help him or the White Sox tonight.

Umpires suck.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
This is one of the worst efforts of the season.

What a miserable way for the fans there to spend a Saturday evening, cept for the corned beef sandwiches at the park and the beer.

They ran out of corned beef in the 3rd inning. I follow that particular vendor's twitter feed. Just an awful night all around.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
He was smoked what part don't you get.

What I don't get is why Holland's ERA is so important to you. ERA stands for "earned runs allowed per NINE innings". Being that Holland has still yet to pitch nine innings on the season, the number is pretty skewed. Don't you get that?

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
No ground gained, no ground lost

If Quintero hit that ball 5 more feet, the view of tonight would have been much worse. Just one of those game...time for Lillibridge to carry the team to a win tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
If Quintero hit that ball 5 more feet, the view of tonight would have been much worse. Just one of those game...time for Lillibridge to carry the team to a win tomorrow.

Yep, just one of those games. You kind of get the feeling the Sox have a streak in them at some point this season.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
What I don't get is why Holland's ERA is so important to you. ERA stands for "earned runs allowed per NINE innings". Being that Holland has still yet to pitch nine innings on the season, the number is pretty skewed. Don't you get that?

Relief pitcher with a 11.00 plus era means you have been horrid when called upon!

We have these games from time to time and they are frustrating. Offense goes south against pitchers who have been struggling. There were some things that just didn't go right for the Sox including the home plate ump squeezing Sale in the 1st and a bad play by Beckham. Sale did ok otherwise and that is encouraging to see. Let's get on a winning strreak starting Sunday for our momma's